• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Getting sucked in

Just now, Dochalo said:

I feel like Pacino.  

hovering around .500 without Trout and waiting for everyone to recover from injury.  

A mild shred of hope was building.  

How do I make it stop?

Why make it stop?  We are going to now be 5-3 in a stretch of 10 games where more than a few thought we'd lose most of those ten.  Bad games happen.  The Dodgers were 10-0 before last night and got shut out by Ricky Fucking Nolasco.  Enjoy the game and the season. 

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

Why make it stop?  We are going to now be 5-3 in a stretch of 10 games where more than a few thought we'd lose most of those ten.  Bad games happen.  The Dodgers were 10-0 before last night and got shut out by Ricky Fucking Nolasco.  Enjoy the game and the season. 

I mean, they're going to face Kershaw and it's likely they end up back under .500 when the series is over. So all that buildup to end up right where they've been all year.

1 minute ago, TroutField said:

It's tough not to but this team just isn't good enough to form any sort of consistent win streak. Especially when Scioscia decides to rest two regulars when we finally have some good momentum. 

the first part is kinda my point.  I feel like injuries are a big part of that and I keep telling myself that if we just get healthy, we could be a really good team.  But I think I'm going to be waiting and waiting and waiting for that.  

12 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

I feel like Pacino.  

hovering around .500 without Trout and waiting for everyone to recover from injury.  

How do I make it stop?

You must've voted for Trump. 

Just as soon as you get sucked in all the way Arte will spit you out when he refuses to allow Eppler to increase the payroll at the deadline. Meanwhile the Yankees, Rangers, Astros or Red Sox will probably do the opposite. 

Just now, CALZONE said:

Just as soon as you get sucked in all the way Arte will spit you out when he refuses to allow Eppler to increase the payroll at the deadline. Meanwhile the Yankees, Rangers, Astros or Red Sox will probably do the opposite. 

Says the guy that wants nothing to do with them being buyers.  

2 hours ago, CALZONE said:

your lack of consistency is a joke.  

9 hours ago, Dochalo said:

I feel like Pacino.  

How do I make it stop?

Pitching aside, the other shit reality is EYjr. Hes been a beast....i dont think that will last. And even if it were to...he likely goes to the bench when trout returns. 

Id obviously take trout ober him, but in trouts abscence, hes been a big time part of the offense. Obviously more power, but the on base and base running isnt going to boost a ton with trouts return (in regards to EYjrs hot month)

11 hours ago, TroutField said:

It's tough not to but this team just isn't good enough to form any sort of consistent win streak. Especially when Scioscia decides to rest two regulars when we finally have some good momentum. 

There's always the mid-September win streak that puts us close to a wild-card spot, after which we blow up on the final weekend.

That's something to look forward to.

Edited by fan_since79

11 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

What's the longest win streak this year? 4 games?

11 hours ago, TroutField said:

It's tough not to but this team just isn't good enough to form any sort of consistent win streak. 

Starting pitching....winning streaks usually happen when you have a hot starting staff....with the injuries, we just don't have any consistency....all of our starters are inconsistent....