• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Recipe of the Day: Memphis-Style Pork Ribs

Memphis-style Pork Ribs

There are wet ribs, sticky with a succulent, spicy barbecue sauce, and there are dry ribs, where the flavor is all in the dried mixture of herbs and spices, melded into something greater than the sum of their parts by time, smoke and pork fat.

This is what they do in Memphis, Tennessee, and it’s why Memphis-style ribs are some of the best in the world.

Continue reading "Memphis-Style Pork Ribs" »

mDelT0vet7o

View the full article

this is the most dude recipe i've ever seen. reminiscent of my quesadilla joke:

Method

1 Make the dry rub, rub all over ribs: Mix all the dry ingredients together. Rub them all over the ribs and, if you have time, set them in the fridge overnight.

2 Grill over low, indirect heat initially for one hour: Get your grill or smoker going. You want pretty low heat, about 200-220°F if you can measure it. Make sure you have a spot to put the ribs that is not directly over the heat source. Lay the ribs down. They should not sizzle. If they do, cool the grill down until the ribs no longer sizzle when placed down. Cover the grill or smoker and walk away for an hour.

3 Every hour or so after that, turn and rotate the ribs so they cook evenly. You should not have to baste them if you do this: The fat in the ribs will do the basting for you. Depending on how hot your set-up is and at what stage of doneness you like your ribs, they will be done in 4-8 hours.

Read more: http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/memphis_style_pork_ribs/#ixzz4lFfafoTJ

a good rib should not need a sauce to give it flavor

with that said...this is some of the best homemade bbq sauce out there. Sometimes I'll just eat it with a spoon and works great as a side to brisket or ribs.

From Paul Kirk Championship BBQ - which by the way is probably the best bbq book out there. It's the one book I use time after time.

Memphis Style Smoky Barbecue

3 cups ketchup

1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar (or dark...I use whatever I have on hand)

1/2 cup molasses

1/4 cup yellow mustard (plain yellow mustard, no need for fancy shit)

2 tablespoons lemon juice

2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce

2 tablespoons liquid smoke flavoring (seriously, don't skip this part)

2 tsps granulated onion

1 tsps granulated garlic (i use a tad bit more)

1 tsp fine sea salt

1 tsp black pepper

1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (I use more)

Mix, simmer on low for 20 or so minutes.

I'm going to make that!

I kinda do my own thing. I buy the big jug of Chris & Pitts BBQ sauce. I add some vietnamese chili sauce to it, some balsamic vinegar, a little apple cider and let it simmer for about 30 minutes. That has been good for lean cuts of meat. 

Oh, another tip...if you want to adjust the flavor a little on it, use a few drops of crystal hot sauce. Not too much so it's overpowering...starts with a few drops and work from there. But don't do that until you've let it simmer for awhile to see how the flavors come together.

Once I started making my own bbq sauce, and it really is pretty easy...it's tough to use the overall sweet shit you find sold as bbq sauce nowadays.

The Paul Kirk book as some cool recipes for white bbq sauce (good for chicken and pork) and carolina style mustard/vinegar sauce (which I love for pulled pork)

2 hours ago, Tank said:

like you're not sitting on the edge of your seat waiting for me to type something.

nice try, bud.

I always wait for your response...I figure there's a good chance you'll say something we can all laugh at...not with...at!

The problem with recipes you see on the internet is, sometimes they're good, sometimes they're bad.

It's pretty standard practice to smoke the ribs for a period of time, then wrap them and bake until done.

If you like your ribs crunchy then by all means leave them on the grill 4-8 hours.

• 1 year later...