• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Cowart back to Triple A; Marte back up.

Richard

2 minutes ago, eligrba4ever said:

I know how baseball front offices work. Who's up and who's down are the decisions of the GM or VP equivalent. Your post shows you don't know.

You sound like you haven't followed the angels at all the last several years.

Scioscia has had control over this team with an iron first for decades now and pretty much had a say in every single roster move or trade. (except w/ dipoto)

I dont think much has changed at all since Eppler has been around.  I'm guessing Eppler is more of a "Yes Sir" type.

8 minutes ago, NachoPop said:

Cowart hits 6 for 6 with a cycle, gets called up. Only goes 2 for 3 in the bigs = sent back down

Got caught stealing, better send him back down to work on the baserunning?

He didn't get caught stealing.  Another dumb numchuck missed the ball on a hit and run. 

1 minute ago, JarsOfClay said:

Scioscia has had control over this team with an iron first for decades now and pretty much had a say in every single roster move or trade. (except w/ dipoto)

I dont think much has changed at all since Eppler has been around.  I'm guessing Eppler is more of a "Yes Sir" type.

At least I troll from the heart ... you're a frickin idiot lol

1 minute ago, Troll Daddy said:

At least I troll from the heart ... you're a frickin idiot lol

A good troll is at least funny.  Your posts are stupid and honestly not even interesting.

Oh... and I think you're an idiot as well and I've been hoping for some time that you would go away.

5 minutes ago, eligrba4ever said:

Cowart hadn't gone hitless in MLB before this appearance. He had a good game or two before. And he had a few embarrassingly crummy ones. He had a solid double and blooped a single. Good for him. That doesn't project to replacing Escobar's bat.

Escobar glove and arm are what need replacing. Besides he wasn't replacing Escobar, Marte was replacing him. That's crazy.

1 minute ago, Angelsjunky said:

Seriously though, Cowart should be given a chance to earn the starting 2B or 3B job next year. With Espinosa sucking and Escobar out, now seems the perfect time to try to prove himself. He's going to have to face major league LHP someday.

He has a higher average against LHP in AAA.

34 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

@Jeff Fletcher If you could ask what we are all wondering -- what exactly what the thinking behind this move?

He answered a question on twitter saying Cowart wouldn't get any consideration at 2b when Escobar comes back because "they like Espinosa's defense and he's hitting a lot better lately"....Hey, he's up to .171, that's a lot better than .150, I guess....

https://mobile.twitter.com/JeffFletcherOCR/status/879178354217426944

7 minutes ago, JarsOfClay said:

Continuing with this exchange would be like talking to a blank wall.

13 minutes ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

Marte a VET? LOL

Poor choice of words on my part -- I get what you're saying but really, it doesn't take much thought to see the difference.  Marte's got 487 career PA's of 97 OPS+ baseball under his belt compared to Cowart's 143 PA's of 43 OPS+ ball.   One of these two guys has had a modicum of success in a platoon role at the MLB level - the other has not.

I'd love to hear what the team is thinking..  

9 minutes ago, JarsOfClay said:

Bullshit.