• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Cowart back to Triple A; Marte back up.

Richard

3 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

Seriously though. This is some horse shit. The guy has had a rough going in the majors and the after the first game he plays well, they send him back down for a guy that isn't good defensively and has hit .180 on the year. Sound logic.

They sent Cron down after hitting a grand slam

Just now, eligrba said:

Interesting how some players can't play themselves out of a job while others can't play themselves into one. 

Ya it seems like this organization has the wrong priorities.  They dont want to do what it takes to win, like bench certain guys who cant hit their weight, and then they send down guys who play well and help u win.

1 minute ago, mulwin444 said:

I'm sure this has something to do with the lefties they'll be facing in the Dodgers series.  He'll probably be platooned with Valbuena to form some kind of Voltron on baseball mediocrity 

Oh good, Cowart is already being told he cant hit lefties without ever facing them.

That's Mike Scioscia for you.

7 minutes ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

But Marte just stinks. Even at AAA he hit .170 something. He also sucks defensively at 1B.

The problem is there's not a position available for Cowart with Yescobar back ... now isn't the time to stick him at second base. Like Mulwin said it has to do with the LHP. 

I thnk we might see him back up again soon. This isn't a big deal as some make it out to be.

8 minutes ago, eligrba said:

Cron's bat just happened to run into a pitch that went out of the park. Don't make too much out of it.

Last year he accidentally ran into 16 pitches and hit .278 in 116 games. Of course he played regularly. He actually hit RHP better than LHP by a lot, Guess where they platooned him this year. He was setup to fail when Valbuena was signed.

2 minutes ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

Last year he accidentally ran into 16 pitches and hit .278 in 116 games. Of course he played regularly. He actually hit RHP better than LHP by a lot, Guess where they platooned him this year. He was setup to fail when Valbuena was signed.

What has he done for the Angels lately? Besides looking clueless half the time.

Just now, eligrba4ever said:

That's Billy Eppler for you. Eppler builds the roster and changes the roster and deals with the roster. Stop with the Scioscia Conspiracy Theory already!!!!

Yeah this doesn't have anything to do with Scioscia. Maybe because Cowart and Cron were drafted by the previous front office Eppler feels less obligation to prioritize their playing time over "his" guys (Marte, Valbuena, Espinosa, Revere, etc). Seems like some possible bias here. 

7 minutes ago, AngelsFaninGA said:

Yeah this doesn't have anything to do with Scioscia. Maybe because Cowart and Cron were drafted by the previous front office Eppler feels less obligation to prioritize their playing time over "his" guys (Marte, Valbuena, Espinosa, Revere, etc). Seems like some possible bias here. 

I doubt it's got any baseball politics to it at all -- it may just be that they want to go with as many vets as possible while they are in contention.  We all want to see Cowart get a shot, we all want to see him get regular playing time, but the front office may be thinking they'd rather not throw him into a situation where he has to produce or feels extra pressure to do so.  

I've said all along I've been hoping for a sell-off..   I don't think we see guys like Cowart get a legit chance at playing time unless it happens.