• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Cowart Recalled

Your getting wound up on a player, again, and that never turns out well.

Either A, the Angels never aquire him and you get disappointed or B, the Angels do aquire him and your more disappointed because the guy is on the career downside. 

3 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Maybin! 

I'm all in for an extension with him.

Juuuuust checking! Escobar's leadoff capability gets overlooked too often.

I love that lineup but concerns are we'd be sinking anywhere from $70-$100m on Maybin and Moustakas without addressing pitching and I'm not sold on Cowart as a 2B. I think if he was good enough defensively (or offensively) we would have seen him there already. 

If he can up either of those parts of his game in the bigs I would be happy to have him manning 2B next year though.

Just now, totdprods said:

Juuuuust checking! Escobar's leadoff capability gets overlooked too often.

I love that lineup but concerns are we'd be sinking anywhere from $70-$100m on Maybin and Moustakas without addressing pitching and I'm not sold on Cowart as a 2B. I think if he was good enough defensively (or offensively) we would have seen him there already. 

If he can up either of those parts of his game in the bigs I would be happy to have him manning 2B next year though.

He hasn't had a lot of time there in the big leagues, but I noticed he hasn't made many errors this season in AAA and has gotten in a bunch of games at second base. 

With his range and arm, I think he could be a great asset there. He just needs more time.

I think the reason we haven't seen him there yet is because they're still holding out hope that Espinosa turns it around offensively. 

As far as the pitching, with the amount of $$$ coming off the books, we may be able to add enough payroll to add Maybin, Moose and a solid arm. 

Let's just pretend that we get minimal innings to none from Skaggs and Richards. 

We'll have JC Ramirez, Alex Meyer and Parker Bridwell, all who will have had some good innings of work this year in hopes of them becoming better options in the rotation next season. 

Add in Shoemaker and a solid #2-#3 type via FA, with our lineup and bullpen, I think we could be a force.

Also, Nate Smith is back and Barria and Long are looking like great options around the corner as well. 

Just thinking out loud, but you could also go all in for Yu Darvish and sign Maybin at 3/30 w/ an option. Give Fletcher (who I really like) the 2B job and Cowart the 3B job. 

Just now, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

Can't we do better than him? Eppler has been great at picking players off the trash heap, but they all can't be winners. Espinosa, Valbuena, and Escobar need to go.

Escobar has been good outside of his mental relapses on defense. Espinosa needs to go, but I'm OK with giving Valbuena a longer leash since he basically had no ST. He's been better of late. 

On 6/25/2017 at 11:07 AM, AngelsLakersFan said:

As much as you guys hate on Cron, he's slugging .723 in Salt Lake this year.

I like Cron a lot, but as long as Valbuena is an Angel Cron just won't get the regular ABs he needs to stay sharp. Valbuena was a mistake. Cron has improved his defense to a point where it is slightly above average. Last year he proved he could be productive at the plate given regular playing time.

Last year against RHP he slashed .290/.336/.490/.827 with 14 HRs. So what do the Angels do this year, platoon him against LHP where he slashed .237/.287/.387/.674 last year. Brilliant...

Luis Valbuena slashed .258/.362/.479/.841 last year against RHP,with 11 HR, in the band box in Houston. And that was his good side of the plate. He hit .193/.286/.321/.607 overall last season.