• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Bucket List

2 hours ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

My general bucket list is pretty sparse - finish a marathon, sky dive, see the Northern Lights and see a Super Bowl in person but those are the type of things you list thinking you've got the time to check them off.  I remember years ago a buddy telling me about someone in their 40's who got a terminal prognosis after going in to the doctor due to back pain.  The next day she and her husband cleared out the accounts they could and took off on a trip all over the world.  Given a terminal prognosis I'd do the same thing and see as much of the world as I could with my wife before my time is up.

Same here. Id like to leave something behind to my family and charity, but id also try and go out with a bang and see all i could before i was gone.

I was on a trip last year, with a bunch of euros. One was from the UK, and was literally just walking the earth. He was older, retored, no kids...when our trip ended, i asked where he was headed next. He was super nonchalant, and said hed go to the bus station (we were in south america) in a day or two and see what sounded interesting....thought that was cool as hell 

11 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Same here. Id like to leave something behind to my family and charity, but id also try and go out with a bang and see all i could before i was gone.

I was on a trip last year, with a bunch of euros. One was from the UK, and was literally just walking the earth. He was older, retored, no kids...when our trip ended, i asked where he was headed next. He was super nonchalant, and said hed go to the bus station (we were in south america) in a day or two and see what sounded interesting....thought that was cool as hell 

Wife and I have talked about something similar...getting rid of most everything and getting an rv during our later years. Every 3 months or so we'd decide where we want to live for the next few months.

17 minutes ago, red321 said:

Wife and I have talked about something similar...getting rid of most everything and getting an rv during our later years. Every 3 months or so we'd decide where we want to live for the next few months.

Its a huge shock im sure, literally not having a "home". But the experience i think would be well worth it...you could literally "live" at the beach and mountains every other week or so.

I still need to see America. Ive travelled abroad, but aside from the major cities here, ive rarely gone out to see the natire side of the US. An RV to travel the north and midwest would probably be amazing.

3 hours ago, red321 said:

I regret not traveling and experiencing life earlier...but I'm glad I made the changes in my life in my early thirties that has allowed me to do and experience things that I never could have imagined twenty years ago.  

Red, just curious ... what changes did you make in your early 30s?

51 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Its a huge shock im sure, literally not having a "home". But the experience i think would be well worth it...you could literally "live" at the beach and mountains every other week or so.

I still need to see America. Ive travelled abroad, but aside from the major cities here, ive rarely gone out to see the natire side of the US. An RV to travel the north and midwest would probably be amazing.

I love the idea of experiencing living in various areas. Small towns, mountain towns, beach life...etc. Not just visit a place, but live in it for awhile.

21 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Red, just curious ... what changes did you make in your early 30s?

Without going into too much detail. I had a traveling gig, so I was on the road a lot. Lost track of friends, and really didn't have a life. So, changed jobs where I wasn't raveling weekly, and then I started to do things like take road trips on my own. Rather than just talk about it I started to learn things. I took a trip to Ireland/England and couldn't take a photo to save my life...so I decided to learn. Opportunities came up through work to travel abroad, previously I would have shied away...instead I said screw it, let's do it. I firmly believe I never would have married my wife if I was the person I was in my early thirties, I would have bored the shit out of her, hell, I doubt she would have gone out with me at all.

I'm still a lazy POS at times, but when I look back at what I've done the last 15+ years as compared to what I did before...I'm amazed.

1 hour ago, red321 said:

Without going into too much detail. I had a traveling gig, so I was on the road a lot. Lost track of friends, and really didn't have a life. So, changed jobs where I wasn't raveling weekly, and then I started to do things like take road trips on my own. Rather than just talk about it I started to learn things. I took a trip to Ireland/England and couldn't take a photo to save my life...so I decided to learn. Opportunities came up through work to travel abroad, previously I would have shied away...instead I said screw it, let's do it. I firmly believe I never would have married my wife if I was the person I was in my early thirties, I would have bored the shit out of her, hell, I doubt she would have gone out with me at all.

I'm still a lazy POS at times, but when I look back at what I've done the last 15+ years as compared to what I did before...I'm amazed.

Thats funny. Pretty much the same thing here. I used to be very structured and conservative. When my ex wife and i split she mentioned i was too serious and worked too much.

After we split, i went from having few hobbies aside from baseball and the gym to travelling the world...and i look back and kind of shake my head at all i was missing when i was younger.

8 hours ago, red321 said:

So, you are young...what's stopping you from going to one of them now?

if we're talking bucket list/imminent death, i'd want excellent (not even luxury) seats for the whole two weeks of the slam. it would run $25K for wimbledon, which charges than $3.5K for just the men's final. and i'd want somebody with me, so go ahead and double that. 

the french open and wimbledon run from the middle of may through the middle of july, and tournament play lasts for a full 4 weeks of that time. so that would be a perfect way to drop every cent of my savings before i died. 

i plan on actually doing it for all 4 majors when i retire. and before i retire, i hope to at least get to wimebledon and the french for the middle weekend and loge-type seats while i'm still young. we'll see. the australian open seems impossible to me because i simply cannot take 10 days off in the beginning of january as a teacher, and i wouldn't want to do that trip unless i could take at least 10 days since it's easily 48 hours of travel time back and forth. 

8 hours ago, red321 said:

love this idea.

as a teacher, i look forward to the day i can take a trip in september or february without worrying about a sub.

13 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

I think free jumping (not tandem) with those lind of views would be the ultimate...and if im dying anyway there would be no fear.

I have done tandem twice the first time it was a bachelors party and my videographer broke his neck during the first dive but i didn't see it happen but noticed my video ended weird. When I went back for my second jump I saw the guy in a neck brace just as I was boarding my second jump. Sky diving is a blast!

On 6/28/2017 at 10:16 PM, JAHV76 said:

I have done tandem twice the first time it was a bachelors party and my videographer broke his neck during the first dive but i didn't see it happen but noticed my video ended weird. When I went back for my second jump I saw the guy in a neck brace just as I was boarding my second jump. Sky diving is a blast!

a7eeae038851851a2b0507cca1917b04.jpeg