• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official Anaheim Ducks Thread

HaloCory22

I know Hiller was out last night. At what point does BB decide on a goalie? If he waits until the playoffs, he risks that goalie not being used to going out every night as the lead goaltender. I think he should make that decision in the next week or so. Ride one goalie to the end of the season, barring back to back days of course, in hopes that he gets in a rhythm or hot streak.

I think the two goalie system is more of a product of this brutal schedule the NHL teams have.  More than likely as the playoffs get closer, he will stick with the hot goalie.  But it's nice to have two goalies you can count on.  Although last night was ugly.  

I wonder though how much effect alternating goalies has on opposing teams?  I would think it's two different strategies they have to use.  And if both are good goalies, how it might affect the rhythm of the game for opposing teams.  And by rhythm of the game, the changing of strategies from game to game, instead of playing one set strategy through a series.  In the Ducks case of the Stars goalie, shoot low, rebound high.  Rinse and repeat game after game.  

I realized that the shortened schedule, plus the fact that we have two very good goaltenders, was the reason for the alternate system to this point. And I support that. However, sometime soon that decision needs to be made. There are only about 3 weeks left. I would like to see if we can get one of these goalies on a hot streak. If it is going to be Fasth, he got off to a horrible start.

I realized that the shortened schedule, plus the fact that we have two very good goaltenders, was the reason for the alternate system to this point. And I support that. However, sometime soon that decision needs to be made. There are only about 3 weeks left. I would like to see if we can get one of these goalies on a hot streak. If it is going to be Fasth, he got off to a horrible start.

Next 10 days are going to be nice for the Ducks.  3 at home, 1 at the kings, then back home. With a 3 day break before the kings, and a 4 day break before hitting the road on the final 5 game push.