• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Sean Newcomb

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, DMVol said:

Newcomb is young, he can and probably will get better....I wasn't a fan of the trade initially but Simmons is so good it has been a win for the Angels.....but it still has the potential to be a good trade for both teams...

Yep.  Newcomb will be fine.   The Angels and Braves both got what they wanted -- with the Angels possibly getting more than they may have expected.

30 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Newcomb pitching with the Braves backing him up is why his win loss record is so bad. Put him in the Angels rotation and it goes from 2-8 to probably 6-4. But that's with Simmons playing SS. Without Simmons this team is closer to the Braves than the Wildcard.

lol only an idiot goes by win-loss record.

1 hour ago, zenmaster said:

Newcomb update:

2-8 with 4.38 ERA, 50 Walks, 88 Ks, 1.61 WHIP and .263 AVG against,  5.3BB/9 and 9.4K/9

Honestly those numbers aren't terrible for a rookie pitcher IMO. Obviously the issue with Newcomb is his command and the 1.61 WHIP and 5.3 BB/9 reflect what he needs to improve on....but the K/9 is very impressive for a young arm and his ERA is respectable. For a rebuilding Braves team, I'd say they're probably happy with the flashes he's shown in his first taste of MLB.

It's looking like a good deal for both sides tbh. Angels are trying to compete and needed a SS for the present and future and Simmons gives them that. Braves are rebuilding and had their own young and highly touted prospects at MIF waiting in the minors. Angels "won" the trade though simply for the fact that they got the better player

Another thing, why are some hoping Newcomb fails? Simmons bat finally caught up with his defense once he got to Anaheim so now he's a legit all-star caliber SS. Newcomb having success shouldn't sting at all considering what the Angels are getting production wise out of Simmons. I hope Newcomb does well in Atlanta.

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

No he wasn't.  He said his record was bad because the braves suck.  He was saying if he pitched the same he would be 6-4 with the Angels.  Reading comprehension is kind of important on a message board. 

So why does he care about his win-loss record so much that he decided to concentrate on that specifically rather than his other stats?  You know the important ones?

Tell me since you insist on speaking for him and can read his mind.

2 minutes ago, bloodbrother said:

Another thing, why are some hoping Newcomb fails? Simmons bat finally caught up with his defense once he got to Anaheim so now he's a legit all-star caliber SS. Newcomb having success shouldn't sting at all considering what the Angels are getting production wise out of Simmons. I hope Newcomb does well in Atlanta.

I dont hope Newcomb fails.  I think he's going to be a legit #1 or at least 2.  If you watch hiim live, he's got really good stuff especially his kershaw like curveball.

I think people are hoping he fails because they want the angels to win a trade for once instead of almost always being the loser.  Just my guess.

1 minute ago, JarsOfClay said:

So why does he care about his win-loss record so much that he decided to concentrate on that specifically rather than his other stats?  You know the important ones?

Tell me since you insist on speaking for him and can read his mind.

I took it as Blarg singling it out for the sake of discrediting it by mentioning it's due to him being on a bad team and not because Newcomb has been trash all season