• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The next 10 games :Update 6-4 Great Job!

12 minutes ago, CALZONE said:

Like 2014. That's why I suggested a new manager. I just think moving forward the organization needs to head into a new direction. At some point the manager has to hold some accountability for not winning a playoff game since 2009. We've replaced the GM three times and addressed the coaches several times. 

We need a lot of new players and a new manager with a different approach because what you're seeing today is not a sustainable winning recipe. 

This is very Clod of you. 

3 minutes ago, Tank said:

i like how you're hanging everything today on this one peg on the coat rack from three years ago.

has the team been healthy lately? does the team have all the necessary parts/talent to win now? or has it been poor managing that has held back this team of superstars?

I'm pretty sure that we can come up with good excuses for every year we've failed to win a playoff game since 2009. It's been a long drought for the fans. At some point a new plan has to take place. I'm seeing a lot less fans at the ballpark. 

15 minutes ago, Tank said:

i like how you're hanging everything today on this one peg on the coat rack from three years ago.

has the team been healthy lately? does the team have all the necessary parts/talent to win now? or has it been poor managing that has held back this team of superstars?

There it is.  Never can it be a manager issue.  It's either bad players, injured players, bad GMs, sunspots, whatever.   For 7yrs now, the same excuses pour in while the Angels miss yet another playoff appearance.  If Scioscia isn't accountable for team performance who is?  No one is saying dumping Scioscia will transform this team into a juggernaut, but they have tried changing nearly everything else around him.

3 minutes ago, CALZONE said:

I'm recommending drastic changes with a new direction while you're recommending to stay the course with subtle tweaks to the lineup. Let's see how well that works for you. 

You'll have to because I don't believe the Angels are about to do anything else. Certainly not tear the team apart and start from scratch, not as long as Trout is an Angel and they're not about to trade him.

2 minutes ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

You'll have to because I don't believe the Angels are about to do anything else. Certainly not tear the team apart and start from scratch, not as long as Trout is an Angel and they're not about to trade him.

Not recommending that they trade Trout, we just need to rebuild around him. We probably have a handful of keepers on the ML club but not many. 

16 minutes ago, CALZONE said:

I'm recommending drastic changes with a new direction while you're recommending to stay the course with subtle tweaks to the lineup. Let's see how well that works for you. 

Hey Jackass, read my posts.  I'm not recommending stay the course.  

25 minutes ago, 70runner said:

There it is.  Never can it be a manager issue.  It's either bad players, injured players, bad GMs, sunspots, whatever.   For 7yrs now, the same excuses pour in while the Angels miss yet another playoff appearance.  If Scioscia isn't accountable for team performance who is?  No one is saying dumping Scioscia will transform this team into a juggernaut, but they have tried changing nearly everything else around him.

And there it is, someone who doesn't believe in personal accountability.  No where did tank say Scioscia was perfect, but to the haters anything  short of calling for his head means we think he's perfect. 

9 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

This team has issues, but you trash them as if they have been completely healthy. We have our best starting pitchers on the DL who we were counting on and are a huge part of the organization. Next year, we are going to have a lot of starting pitching depth. Not just average depth, but talented depth. One or more of those said pitchers may go down at some point, but at least we should have guys able to step in if that happens. I'm excited to get those guys back and along with the contracts of Wilson and Hamilton expiring, things aren't as bad as you make them seem. We really will have only one black hole contract in Pujols going forward, which makes it still possible to compete, although he is a pain in the ass to watch.

But next year we will have Richards, Heaney, Skaggs, Tropeano, Meyer, Shoemaker, and Ramirez as current major league ready starters and that's not to mention the pitchers we have in the minors who are waiting in the wings. We have some money to spend and we could offer some pitchers in a trade. We aren't going to win a title next year, but next year looks like the year things could start turning around in this organization. 

So just try to relax. You complaining about every little thing is going to do absolutely nothing to help the team go in the direction that it needs to. Most of us here, with the exception of Troll Daddy, know that this team has no shot this year or next year, but we don't need to hear about it in every thread. The point has been made.

I'm excited to get our best pitchers back next year and see what happens with some of the cap space we will get back. You can be miserable, but it's not going to help much.

You are talking to a guy who thinks players who get injured are pussies, so of course he won't take that into consideration. 

32 minutes ago, 70runner said:

*sigh*

this isn't a mismanagement issue. it's not an issue with sosh making poor decisions, although that happens here and there (but not enough to hold this team back).

it's a talent issue.

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

Hey Jackass, read my posts.  I'm not recommending stay the course.  

50 minutes ago, Stradling said:

And there it is, someone who doesn't believe in personal accountability.  No where did tank say Scioscia was perfect, but to the haters anything  short of calling for his head means we think he's perfect. 

48 minutes ago, Stradling said:

You are talking to a guy who thinks players who get injured are pussies, so of course he won't take that into consideration. 

There you go like a good gaurd dog jumping in and controlling everyone's opinions like they don't matter. Your narcissistic personality on this board and your Low-EQ in conjunction with all of your personal attracks all fit together. 

I share my opinions on the team, players and managers while you share your opinions on poster after poster. There's a difference. 

Unfortunately there's no cure for any of those traits but I'm sure that there are some clinical trials that you could reach out to. 

3 minutes ago, CALZONE said:

There you go like a good gaurd dog jumping in and controlling everyone's opinions like they don't matter. Your narcissistic personality on this board and your Low-EQ in conjunction with all of your personal attracts is not cool. I share my opinions on the team, players and managers while you share your opinions on posters. There's a difference. 

I also share my opinions on the team.  Your sole purpose on here isn't to share opinions it's to ruffle feathers, you've said it numerous times.  

19 minutes ago, CALZONE said:

There you go like a good gaurd dog jumping in and controlling everyone's opinions like they don't matter. Your narcissistic personality on this board and your Low-EQ in conjunction with all of your personal attracks all fit together. 

I share my opinions on the team, players and managers while you share your opinions on poster after poster. There's a difference. 

Unfortunately there's no cure for any of those traits but I'm sure that there are some clinical trials that you could reach out to. 

Amen

50 minutes ago, Tank said:

*sigh*

this isn't a mismanagement issue. it's not an issue with sosh making poor decisions, although that happens here and there (but not enough to hold this team back).

it's a talent issue.

Yep. I think it's multiple years of 1. poor drafts and 2. major overspending on a handful of free agents + 3. injuries galore. The fact that this team is hovering around .500 despite all this is actually a testament to Scioscia.

So lets go the Claude route, what exactly does that look like?  Please share your opinions.  Who do we trade, what do we trade it for, and more importantly who plays the positions in the near future of the guys that we traded away?  How do we turn it around? Who do we target in free agency?  

If we decide to rebuild, which I believe already started last year, you don't believe that, how do we do it? 

If we were to totally tear it down that means we trade everyone not named Trout and at this point we probably don't trade Myers. We also can't trade Albert, because no one will take him and his contract.  My belief is unless you get absotely blown away by a deal there is no reason to trade Simmons because he is still young and locked down into a good contract.  Tell me what you think we can get for those other pieces.

7 hours ago, Stradling said:

We can go 10-0 and there will still be people on here that want us to sell at the deadline.  We can go 0-10 and we will still have at least one person here that wants us to buy for this year at the deadline.  For me it is 5-7 games out of the wild card.  If you get there then sell what you can if you can get actual talent.  If you are trading Yunel, Maybin or Parker and you are offered the equivalent of a future utility infielder or a future fourth outfielder, or possible swing man, then you just hold onto those players.  What is the point?  

The person who will still want to buy has the initials "AM"

4 minutes ago, Farmbuildingfan said:

The person who will still want to buy has the initials "AM"

Buy more yacht fuel?

I prefer to wait out the next 3.5 months.  I certainly hope that Arte is ready 5 months from now to start buying something other than role players and yacht fuel, without spending the money on declining stars.