• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Pujols has been terrible

4 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

http://www.ocregister.com/2017/08/10/angels-notes-mike-scioscia-still-confident-albert-pujols-is-the-best-fit-at-no-3-spot/

“Albert right now is not getting as many hits falling as we’re used to seeing, but he’s working hard at it,” Scioscia said. “I think he’s the best guy to hit behind Mike.”

Its one od two things. Either mike is being told what to do from upstairs (likely), or the old school "veteran" thing is how he works.

But he cant be that stupid.

9 hours ago, beatlesrule said:

http://www.ocregister.com/2017/08/10/angels-notes-mike-scioscia-still-confident-albert-pujols-is-the-best-fit-at-no-3-spot/

“Albert right now is not getting as many hits falling as we’re used to seeing, but he’s working hard at it,” Scioscia said. “I think he’s the best guy to hit behind Mike.”

Orwellian.

There is so much fucking fail in the Sosh quotes, its mind-boggling.

“If you look at batting average and OPS, they are not what you’re accustomed to, but there is no doubt, seeing him every day, he’s hitting the ball hard,” Scioscia said. “He’s leading the team in RBI (68). I think there are still some positives. …

Ribbies.  1978 (and old school poster LTH) called and agreed with him.

Scioscia also said he believes Pujols still provides enough of a presence that teams can’t just walk Trout without reservations. Scioscia referred back to 2013, when Trout’s walk rate doubled once Pujols was out of the lineup with an injury.

2013.  That was four seasons ago.

While Scioscia said he doesn’t believe now is the time to move Pujols, he said that, if that time comes, he believes Pujols would not have an issue.

How Albert feels isn't a concern of mine.  And it shouldn't be of the team's.  More proof that Sosh runs a veteran's country club.  Its all about placating the veterans.

Fuck Scioscia.

11 hours ago, heRo said:

27 pages and counting.  Albert has never given less than 100% from what I've seen.  I don't get all the hate.  We knew when we signed him the back half of the contract wouldn't be pretty.  Maybe not this ugly this soon, but name a long term huge contract that DID turn out well.

One of the worst hitters in the majors is one of the highest paid, and he's entrenched in the third hole, on a team struggling to make the playoffs.

The thread should be 54 pages, not 27.

Nobody is forcing your fingers to click on it.

22 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

There is so much fucking fail in the Sosh quotes, its mind-boggling.

“If you look at batting average and OPS, they are not what you’re accustomed to, but there is no doubt, seeing him every day, he’s hitting the ball hard,” Scioscia said. “He’s leading the team in RBI (68). I think there are still some positives. …

Ribbies.  1978 (and old school poster LTH) called and agreed with him.

Scioscia also said he believes Pujols still provides enough of a presence that teams can’t just walk Trout without reservations. Scioscia referred back to 2013, when Trout’s walk rate doubled once Pujols was out of the lineup with an injury.

2013.  That was four seasons ago.

While Scioscia said he doesn’t believe now is the time to move Pujols, he said that, if that time comes, he believes Pujols would not have an issue.

How Albert feels isn't a concern of mine.  And it shouldn't be of the team's.  More proof that Sosh runs a veteran's country club.  Its all about placating the veterans.

Fuck Scioscia.

Yeah, I've eased on Sosh the last couple years just because he's had a sh*t roster to work with but I've had enough now.

His stubborness to move Pujols down, giving Cowart days off, keeping Revere out of the lineup when he's as hot as anyone, he needs to go. 

People can say Sosh has this team 1 game out of the wildcard race despite all the injuries but to me it's this team is 1 game out despite Scioscia.

23 minutes ago, CanadianHalo said:

Yeah, I've eased on Sosh the last couple years just because he's had a sh*t roster to work with but I've had enough now.

His stubborness to move Pujols down, giving Cowart days off, keeping Revere out of the lineup when he's as hot as anyone, he needs to go. 

People can say Sosh has this team 1 game out of the wildcard race despite all the injuries but to me it's this team is 1 game out despite Scioscia.

Scioscia gets the most out of his players.  They never quit.

I would retire, however, before my lifetime average dips below .300 or after my 3,000th hit if I were Albert.  It would be a graceful exit and besides, the Angels can only benefit if he hits a home run, sacrifice fly, or a base hit which would require a pinch runner.

i don't think the Angels can win a championship with him in the lineup.

29 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

Yeah.  A 10 year millstone around the neck of the franchise.  Genius.

As far as I know, Arte has owned two businesses. He started with nothing and made close to a billion dollars on the first.

He then took $184 million and turned it into a couple of billion. 

Horrible. 

5 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

Arte is a fucking idiot.  I've seen how he runs the Angels.

Trump tells everyone that he runs successful business too.

He's an idiot as well.

Arte doesn't tell anyone that. Those are facts (here I go again) Unlike Trump, he hasn't gone bankrupt and has no debt.

His goal in business is to make money. Isn't that why you go to work? Or do you just really love numbers and 10-keys? 

Edited by Lou