• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Pujols has been terrible

23 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

Duda and hosmer are the only 2 out of the list who id be interested in. Mayyyybe santana. The rest arent really killing it, are old etc.

Mainly just saying paying them whatever even fair cost would be, i dont think wed improve all that much, especially to justify the added cost (with pujols)

2 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

I didn't suggest that all of them should be signed. Simply pointing out that similar or better production is out there for way cheaper.  Of course, I am referring to this year.  Pujols will do nothing but get worse and worse while some of those guys will stay the same or get better.

Im not at all saying there arent bettee guys out there. Just that of that list, only two are interesting (to me).

The rest seem cj cronish...but will cost more. And i just see the result being what were seeing now (with cron and albert).

I say if were going to replace the guy, do it right. 

The problem is bigger than albert. He just stands out the most. But as bad as hes been, the offense as a whole has been dogshit this year. Not saying to cut pujols slack, but guys like calhoun, cron, valbuena etc etc etc are just as mich of the problem (this year) as pujols.

If calhoun and valbuena just did their norms, even slightly less, this team would look a lot different i think. Especially if cron turned a corner, which kind of seemed like it last year.

If say this offseason, we land moustakas and upton (just throwing out names weve talked about on here), it will help....but not solve anything if the rest of the lineup (albert included) continue to perform like backups instead of starters.

1 hour ago, beatlesrule said:

Not for the money Pujols is getting.

That goes without saying since only two position players make as much as Pujols. Those two are, Miggy and Heyward, and neither of those guys come close to earning their salaries.

I meant that MLB is loaded with high-salaried players that would play less if they weren't being paid so much money. 

Edited by Lou

6 hours ago, Lou said:

That goes without saying since only two position players make as much as Pujols. Those two are, Miggy and Heyward, and neither of those guys come close to earning their salaries.

I meant that MLB is loaded with high-salaried players that would play less if they weren't being paid so much money. 

In 2016 Prince Fielder batted .212/.292/.334/.626 getting paid $24 million. He receives  $24 million this season and all the way through the 2020 season to sit at home.

10 hours ago, hangin n wangin said:

Fletcher, come in here and tell us Pujols is slumping again just like any other major leaguer so he could hit a couple bombs again.

Fletcher should be banned for being a delusional pujols nutswinger. Yeah I said it. At least I know I'm not missing anything by not reading the OCR.

oh god chuck please forgive me for what I have done. At least let me say my goodbyes before I'm exiled to the restricted list.

4 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Fletcher should be banned for being a delusional pujols nutswinger. Yeah I said it. At least I know I'm not missing anything by not reading the OCR.

oh god chuck please forgive me for what I have done. At least let me say my goodbyes before I'm exiled to the restricted list.

You must be an absolute blast at parties.

5 hours ago, Blarg said:

In 2016 Prince Fielder batted .212/.292/.334/.626 getting paid $24 million. He receives  $24 million this season and all the way through the 2020 season to sit at home.

That's all insured though. Fielder had serious nerve issues in his neck. Also that does not count against the Rangers salary I believe 

I really really never understand the idea that being paid a lot should keep you in the lineup.  We see it all the time, and honestly, it is pretty stupid.

If I committed to a five year contract with some hack razor company that shipped me razors every month, and they ripped my face by using them, is it smart to keep using them because I am financially committed to pay for them?

Pujols star power is relevant.  But that part is fading.  He needs to be hitting 6th starting now.

Going forward, I hope the Angels are seriously not so stupid that they think their financial obligation should force them to play Pujols  (if there is another option better).

Some sick (and I don't mean good sick) numbers....

Hitting just .205 since June 25 in 127 at bats, with 6 HRs and a measly 17 rbis, and a measly THREE doubles

Take away his HRs, and he's only scored TWENTY runs all season!    Turtles are faster than him. 

27 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

I really really never understand the idea that being paid a lot should keep you in the lineup.  We see it all the time, and honestly, it is pretty stupid.

If I committed to a five year contract with some hack razor company that shipped me razors every month, and they ripped my face by using them, is it smart to keep using them because I am financially committed to pay for them?

Pujols star power is relevant.  But that part is fading.  He needs to be hitting 6th starting now.

Going forward, I hope the Angels are seriously not so stupid that they think their financial obligation should force them to play Pujols  (if there is another option better).

Imagine you have a budget though.  Since you are already paying for the crappy razors you can't afford to go buy different better ones.  Would you shave with crappy razors or have your electricity shut off cause you wanted to pay twice for razors?

11 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Some sick (and I don't mean good sick) numbers....

Hitting just .205 since June 25 in 127 at bats, with 6 HRs and a measly 17 rbis, and a measly THREE doubles

Take away his HRs, and he's only scored TWENTY runs all season!    Turtles are faster than him. 

Its all about effeciency, though. Take away the HRs, and hes only been on base 20 times.

In pujols' defense (and its hard to defend), but his lack of runs scored isnt just a reflection on how bad hes been, but also how bad the giys behind him have been.

Hes obviously a horrible runner, snd doesnt get on base. But besides simmons hitting behind him, nobody else has really been anything this year either.