• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Pujols has been terrible

7 hours ago, hangin n wangin said:

Trying to provide a different perspective just to do it is pretty lame, especially when it's flat out untrue. 

Everyone does that here.

and what did he say that was untrue? 

On 7/29/2017 at 0:02 AM, Jeff Fletcher said:

Pujols was hot just before the ASB. I looked it up today and he hit about .300 over about 55 ABs prior to this 0-21. It's a bad 5 games. He's had a lot of bad ABs and a few good ones where they've caught the balls.

hes slumping but it's not anything out of the range of a normal MLB player slump. 

Yet. 

All I was referring to was this particular 5-game oh-fer, saying that it's not any sort of indication that he's suddenly worse than he was a month ago. If a few of those fell and he was 3-24 no one would be talking about it. 

It would be just the same "Albert is slowly declining" conversation that's been going on for 5 years. 

There will be good stretches and bad stretches and in the end he's going to be a little worse every year. Period. 

19 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

All I was referring to was this particular 5-game oh-fer, saying that it's not any sort of indication that he's suddenly worse than he was a month ago. If a few of those fell and he was 3-24 no one would be talking about it. 

It would be just the same "Albert is slowly declining" conversation that's been going on for 5 years. 

There will be good stretches and bad stretches and in the end he's going to be a little worse every year. Period. 

The last half of Albert's career has been defined by consistent and occasionally steep declines.

His last year in St. Louis was a pretty big drop for him, almost 3 WAR off his previous, albeit incredible level of performance. We expected something of a bounce back but what we got was three years of more or less traditional 0.5 or so WAR declines from there each season for the first three years. 2015 and 2016 saw the pace of decline pick up, he was now declining by about 1 win per year. Now here we are just about the start of August and he is currently more than 2 wins off of last year and at his current pace he is a likely to finish 3 wins off of last years pace.

As much as we don't want to believe it, I think there is a very good chance that Albert is once again establishing a new level of expected performance. (We are over 400 consistent PAs into the season).

1 minute ago, yk9001 said:

I still can't stand Pujols, even after the two home runs.

He stands at the plate and stares at those home runs, like he's someone important.

Are you sure he's standing and watching...could be he's just that old and slow and it takes him a few moments to get going...kind of like when I get out of bed in the morning

The way he pimps home runs was a surprise to me when he joined the Angels.  You hear all about how humble he is and a good person, yet he stares down every single home run.

Only five more years of this crap... hooray

9 minutes ago, nate said:

The way he pimps home runs was a surprise to me when he joined the Angels.  You hear all about how humble he is and a good person, yet he stares down every single home run.

Only five more years of this crap... hooray

Four years, but yes he stares down his home runs.  I think it is a cultural thing, it really does seem like every Dominican does it.  Not that there is anything wrong with it.