• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Pujols has been terrible

3 hours ago, CALZONE said:

Let me remind you that I'm very much aware of that thank you. Oh and here's your updated DH stats. 

IMG_7134.PNG

Clod, if you kept your Albert stuff to this thread or maybe another thread about him, or even the game day thread, no one would care.  But even this post, it was after @Chuckster70, the owner of the website called you out for your posting style.  You are basically unapologetic about it.  Chuck has a shit ton of patience.  

3 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

I was half expecting Albert to catch fire, like he usually does, and bring his stats up to the decent range. But it is looking more and more like that won't happen, which implies that he has truly dropped another notch (or two).

This is going to get really, really ugly. Four more years.

He won't last four years.

So you believe he'll leave money on the table? Let's say conjecture a bit. I'll even say he perks up a bit, but with overall continual decline:

2016: .268/.323/.457, 31 HR

2017: .240/.290/.400, 20 HR

2018: .230/.280/.380, 20 HR

2019: .220/.270/.360, 15 HR

2020: .200/.250/.330, 12 HR

Maybe it isn't that steep, but my question is, at what point will 1) Scioscia bench him and 2) Pujols feel bad enough that he leaves money on the table?

10 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

FYI, today I asked Scioscia about Pujols and he actually said he's "out of sync," which is more than he usually says. 

Then I asked Pujols and he said he's not. 

So i didn't then bother to ask if he's going to retire. 

You should have asked him why he can't lay off the arroz con pollo.

8 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Because you know what the answer would be: "No, why should I? I can still hit" - or some variation of that.

I remember someone quoting Pujols as saying that he'd retire if he was no longer helping the team. The problem is that he'll think he's helping the team as long as he can drive in a few runs.

Keep in mind, this year is different from the others...hes been declining, sure. But this year hes outright lost. Its not mechanics, its hes not good enough to hit. Running is the other thing.

I think he'll stsrt to see things different next spring training when nothing has changed for him. 

Someone mentioned in the other thread career ending injury a la prince fielder. Thats even more realistic. Either way i dont see him sticking around till the end. 

53 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Keep in mind, this year is different from the others...hes been declining, sure. But this year hes outright lost. Its not mechanics, its hes not good enough to hit. Running is the other thing.

I think he'll stsrt to see things different next spring training when nothing has changed for him. 

Someone mentioned in the other thread career ending injury a la prince fielder. Thats even more realistic. Either way i dont see him sticking around till the end. 

I certainly hope he faces reality. But it might also require Scioscia (or Eppler) helping him by making an executive decision and having him sit on the bench and platoon at some point next year.

10 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

He is giving no evidence that he is self aware.

16 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

Remember when DH's all used to hit?   Geesh --four guys with an OPS over .800 or a SLG% over .475.    Doesn't change that AP looks done..  Just a far cry from what you used to see at DH.

Its like DH has become the dumping ground for whatever overpaid, decrepit player you have.  The one that you can't yet bear to DFA yet.

16 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

FYI, today I asked Scioscia about Pujols and he actually said he's "out of sync," which is more than he usually says. 

Then I asked Pujols and he said he's not. 

So i didn't then bother to ask if he's going to retire. 

I would consider myself out of sync and would be willing to do it for a lot less cash.

2 minutes ago, katrinab said:

I wonder if the angels would consider letting him go like the Sox did with sandoval?

If you think Espinosa and Valbuena had long leashes.....he'll be getting AB's when's getting rolled out in a wheel chair....