• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Pujols has been terrible

On 7/31/2017 at 9:25 AM, Stradling said:

Yk, simply don't listen to the game.  As for Albert, he will only hit 8-10 more home runs this year, so I am sure you can figure out how to be ok with that "hell".  

I've probably watched five games this year.  If I'm going to hate-watch them, I'm going to go full magilla, and take in Gubi AND Pujols.

3 hours ago, nate said:

I don't ever remember Vlad pimping his home runs.  Albert is the only one I can think of that pimps every single one.  Even the ones that get caught or bounce off the wall.  I think it is BS but nobody wants to tell him to knock it off.

I don't mind bat flips/watching home runs in baseball that much, but when you do it for fly balls that are still 15 feet in front of the warning track, that's when it looks ridiculous 

good for Albert.  There's no reason not to root for him at this point.  We're stuck with him for 4 more years (most likely).  Best case scenario at this point is him retiring early but I just don't see that.  Second best option is that he provides meaningful contributions for as long as possible.  So if he wants to catch fire for the rest of the year and propel the team into a WC spot then great.  If he wants to carry that over into having a 2018 similar to that of his 2014-16, then great.  

3 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

good for Albert.  There's no reason not to root for him at this point.  We're stuck with him for 4 more years (most likely).  Best case scenario at this point is him retiring early but I just don't see that.  Second best option is that he provides meaningful contributions for as long as possible.  So if he wants to catch fire for the rest of the year and propel the team into a WC spot then great.  If he wants to carry that over into having a 2018 similar to that of his 2014-16, then great.  

Were stuck with the money. If he turns into a one trick pony DH, it is what it is. Lets just hope we get two MOTO bats soon so we can bat him 6th or 7th.

hey, why are folks ragging on Pujols?

Yes, he has looked just awful at the plate at times this year -- so I'm liking what I'm seeing lately.........

multiple HR game and then tonight's game with Pujols responsible for most of the offense........

Yeah, yeah. it is the Phillies who, when I last checked, had the worst record in MLB.

But we'll take it.

On 7/31/2017 at 7:53 AM, red321 said:

Are you sure he's standing and watching...could be he's just that old and slow and it takes him a few moments to get going...kind of like when I get out of bed in the morning

I hear you. I first sit up at the edge of the bed, then tell my feet to get moving. After a few seconds, they respond.

1 minute ago, fan_since79 said:

I hear you. I first sit up at the edge of the bed, then tell my feet to get moving. After a few seconds, they respond.

I played softball in a couple tournaments last week, one in So Cal, one in Austin.  I hadn't played in a year and before that I was playing pretty regularly.  There was a bass hit to left that was bobbled so I tried to go first to third.  I saw the throw coming into to the cut off and I told myself to slide, body didn't listen.  I was tagged on the gut as my foot hit the bag, I was called out.  Instant replay would have shown me as safe.  Hell I would have been safe if my body would have slid when I told it to.  I'm guessing my body was thinking, "hey asshole, if you were planning on sliding you wouldn't have worn shorts to the tournament".  

So yea we all slow down.  

39 minutes ago, JustATroutFan said:

Wonder if he will retire after next year if his career batting average dips close to under .300. 

I wonder the same thing.  If I were him I'd retire with either the .300 lifetime average or 3000 hits.  I don't think he can get both.  He's got more money than he'll ever need.

Looking at his career numbers, August has been Pujols' favorite month in his career. It is the month where he has the highest average, OBP, and slugging. Better hope last night was a foreshadow of good things to come in the last couple of months of the season. Trout can't do it all by himself. No superstar baseball player can for that matter.