• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Pujols has been terrible

Pujols was hot just before the ASB. I looked it up today and he hit about .300 over about 55 ABs prior to this 0-21. It's a bad 5 games. He's had a lot of bad ABs and a few good ones where they've caught the balls.

hes slumping but it's not anything out of the range of a normal MLB player slump. 

Yet. 

21 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

Pujols was hot just before the ASB. I looked it up today and he hit about .300 over about 55 ABs prior to this 0-21. It's a bad 5 games. He's had a lot of bad ABs and a few good ones where they've caught the balls.

hes slumping but it's not anything out of the range of a normal MLB player slump. 

Yet. 

I looked it up and before today, he was hitting .233/.280/.374 over 369 at bats. 

Below league average for a MLB DH

1 hour ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

Yet. 

jeez Jeff.  I am trying to piece together the hot streak you're talking about.  the best I am seeing are a couple of 20 or 25 at bat stretches.  But the body of work is pretty scary for this year.  There have been 5 games all year where his ops was above .700.  

His ops is now closer to being in the 5's than the 7's.  

That's the current slugging percentages of both Pujols and Calhoun. Both of them in the bottom 10% of all hitters with enough PA to qualify for the batting title.

It could be worse. There were a lot of people on this board, including myself, who wanted to try to sign Alex Gordon.

He's currently at .296 and dead last.

There's also a lot of people on this board, not including myself, who wanted to try to trade for Carlos Gonzalez.

He's currently at .342 despite playing half of his games at Coors Canaveral.

The slumping Albert is in good company.

Cal Ripken once went 0-33. Joe Morgan had an 0-31 and an 0-35, Luis Aparicio an 0-44, and the list goes on. The great Jeter went 0-32 one time.

Willie Mays had an 0-24 slump in 1965 yet won the MVP and hit 52 home runs.

With Pujols, though, there has been a steady and unmistakable decline over the past several years. That's not good.

Only one of those players posted an OPS+ of 75 in their later years and that was Apparicio who never was a hitter. At this point Albert would have to hit like he was 25 to return to league average by the end the season and that may not even do it.

14 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

Yet. 

I don't know about that. I've watched most of his ABs since he joined the Angels and he has never looked so helpless at the plate.