• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

tdawg87

3 minutes ago, JustATroutFan said:

Still too early to be concern on where a team is in the Wild Card standings. Because we all know that one bad losing streak can ruin everything. Like a bad month can keep a team out of the postseason picture. Like the Angels' performance in August of 2015.

But they were still playing meaningful games on the last day of the season in 2015. The bad month was the worst month of Trouts career. He had rolled over his wrist diving for a ball. He said it was fine, but I still believe it was bothering him.

1 minute ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

But they were still playing meaningful games on the last day of the season in 2015. The bad month was the worst month of Trouts career. He had rolled over his wrist diving for a ball. He said it was fine, but I still believe it was bothering him.

What I am trying to say is that a bad stretch can ruin the party. And yes, Trout's numbers that year were sort of screwed up because of a bad month in August. He just didn't hit the ball as hard as we nnoru see him do. And yeah, it was his wrist that bothered him even though he never admitted it.

1 minute ago, JustATroutFan said:

What I am trying to say is that a bad stretch can ruin the party. And yes, Trout's numbers that year were sort of screwed up because of a bad month in August. He just didn't hit the ball as hard as we nnoru see him do. And yeah, it was his wrist that bothered him even though he never admitted it.

So by the same logic a good stretch could put them on top of the wildcard and withing visual range of the Astros?

2 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

So by the same logic a good stretch could put them on top of the wildcard and withing visual range of the Astros?

Astros are too many games out  in front that I would not count on it although strange things has happened before. Teams can choke in the last month of the season like the (wait for it) 1995 Angels, 2007 Mets, and 2011 Red Sox.

2 minutes ago, JustATroutFan said:

Astros are too many games out  in front that I would not count on it although strange things has happened before. Teams can choke in the last month of the season like the (wait for it) 1995 Angels, 2007 Mets, and 2011 Red Sox.

Your math is faulty. They're only 11 games up with more than 90 left to play. Very doable

1 hour ago, Inside Pitch said:

Relative power index -- they look at the strength of schedule, the Pythag, comp it to everyone else and try to normalize the team's performance to that of the rest of the league.   So based on how they have performed relative to the rest of baseball, the injury depleted Angels have been the tenth best team in MLB.  

Truthfully, I don't really put a lot of weight into it, there are better more advanced metrics out there..  But, given how much people have been yapping about the Angels playing a weak schedule and being in a weak division, I figured it's worth bringing them up.   The AL West BTW isn't close to the weakest division in MLB.   The AL Central, the NL Central, the NL East...  All worse.   

Looking at the NL East....  The Nationals W/L record might be a tad misleading.

Thanks. Interesting stuff never-the-less.

3 hours ago, JustATroutFan said:

can't say i've ever heard someone talk about chocking in the middle of june before. congrats.

4 minutes ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

Then what is chocking? it's  prevent the forward movement of (a wheel or vehicle) with a chock. Takes one to know one.

it's a one letter typo while i multi-task at work.

what's your excuse for using the completely wrong word altogether that is not correlated to a finger slip?