• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Shooting at GOP baseball practice; House Majority Whip Scalise shot

2 hours ago, red321 said:

I absolutely do not agree with the shooter today, guns and violence are not the answer.

I'm wondering today if Senator Paul feels differently?

Only if he plays baseball. 

2 hours ago, red321 said:

I absolutely do not agree with the shooter today, guns and violence are not the answer.

I'm wondering today if Senator Paul feels differently?

I bet he views it as guns are the thing that stopped the shooter from killing anyone.

55 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Your reply is as convincing as it is detailed. 

Do you really need details.  We turn dumbass Samir and Mohammed into craters half way around the world with the press of a button.  What makes you think joe America and his ar-15 will he any more effective. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

13 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Do you really need details.  We turn dumbass Samir and Mohammed into craters half way around the world with the press of a button.  What makes you think joe America and will he any more effective. 

It's okay. You're not the first to beg off a debate with me. You won't be the last. 

1 hour ago, UndertheHalo said:

To be fair.  Brooklyn expensive AF these days I hear. 

I lived with my parents for one year when I was 33. Ran out of money and was unemployed.

That was it, one year. We were all going to destroy each other, so for our mutual welfare I got an apartment after I landed a good job.

Edited by fan_since79

3 hours ago, Jay said:

http://thefederalist.com/2017/06/14/insane-reactions-alexandria-shooting-thus-far/

Progressive Media Personalities Agree: Those Republicans Deserved To Get Shot

A shooter targeted Republican lawmakers playing baseball on Wednesday, and several progressive media personalities declared the Republicans deserved it.

3 hours ago, mtangelsfan said:

For sure red, those damn revolutionaries.  Those poor brits never knew what was coming.  Too bad they couldn't have banned guns.

i think it's worth noting that when the colonists revolted, it was against the entire british crown. it was not a tories vs. whigs sort of thing. 

the rhetoric we see today is more along the lines of "we should only have dems/cons running the gov't, and the others shouldn't be involved."

51 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

President Trump is heading to the hospital to see Scalise, per Fox News (I know, fake)

Hospital will say only that he's in critical condition.

Tucker Carlson says it's "grave condition".

I don't think the media really knows.

Sure hope he pulls through 

54 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

President Trump is heading to the hospital to see Scalise, per Fox News (I know, fake)

Hospital will say only that he's in critical condition.

Tucker Carlson says it's "grave condition".

I don't think the media really knows.

Similar to the Reagan assassination attempt in the lack of information. 

1 hour ago, Thomas said:

It's okay. You're not the first to beg off a debate with me. You won't be the last. 

I'm not begging off man.  There's nothing to debate.  The citizenry simply having access to firearms doesn't pose any real threat to the power that the US government wields.  That's not a crazy statement, it's a reality.  Are u suggesting that any American should have access to military grade arms ? Presumably that's not your position, and if it is we disagree completely and this conversation doesn't need to continue. 

37 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I'm not begging off man.  There's nothing to debate.  The citizenry simply having access to firearms doesn't pose any real threat to the power that the US government wields.  That's not a crazy statement, it's a reality.  Are u suggesting that any American should have access to military grade arms ? Presumably that's not your position, and if it is we disagree completely and this conversation doesn't need to continue. 

It's okay.  Nobody is going to think (much) less of you for declining. It be fun to take your unsubstantiated assertions and poke enough holes in them to be transparent as Glen's alibis but alas life doesn't always give you what you want.  Well other than your favorite team having more cup banners than their rivals.  But that is the obvious exception. 

2 minutes ago, Thomas said:

It's okay.  Nobody is going to think (much) less of you for declining. It be fun to take your unsubstantiated assertions and poke enough holes in them to be transparent as Glen's alibis but alas life doesn't always give you what you want.  Well other than your favorite team having more cup banners than their rivals.  But that is the obvious exception. 

Please. Do poke away. 

And don't bring hockey into this !

Edited by UndertheHalo

I thought you might reconsider.  What are your assumptions on the victory conditions of a civilian force versus the combined governments of the country? The current political situation,  unpleasant as it might be,  doesn't lend itself to a civilian takeover.  Nor should it of course.  If it was too easy for the population,  especially a minority of the total population, to ignore legitimate elections that would be a strong reason for disarmament.  But no one seems to be arguing that to be the case.  So we need a unprecedented and unlikely though not impossible scenario.  One where a solid majority strongly opposes the existing regime and there is a extreme distrust to complete lack of election process. (this was a much harder scenario to sell prior to Trump).  In this hypothetical,  what would be your assumptions on creating the conditions to remove the regime from power? 

Scalise update from the hospital:

Congressman Steve Scalise sustained a single rifle shot to the left hip. The bullet travelled across his pelvis, fracturing bones, injuring internal organs, and causing severe bleeding. He was transported in shock to MedStar Washington Hospital Center, a Level I Trauma Center.  He underwent immediate surgery, and an additional procedure to stop bleeding.  He has received multiple units of blood transfusion. His condition is critical, and he will require additional operations.  We will provide periodic updates.

https://www.medstarwashington.org/sample-page/scalise-update/#q={}

38 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Scalise update from the hospital:

Congressman Steve Scalise sustained a single rifle shot to the left hip. The bullet travelled across his pelvis, fracturing bones, injuring internal organs, and causing severe bleeding. He was transported in shock to MedStar Washington Hospital Center, a Level I Trauma Center.  He underwent immediate surgery, and an additional procedure to stop bleeding.  He has received multiple units of blood transfusion. His condition is critical, and he will require additional operations.  We will provide periodic updates.

https://www.medstarwashington.org/sample-page/scalise-update/#q={}

Tough injuries there