• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Shooting at GOP baseball practice; House Majority Whip Scalise shot

5 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

His Facebook page is now history.

I'm a little surprised it stayed up as long as it did.

It is now property of the FBI. And every person friended has their Facebook page as part of an FBI investigation. And so on until it finally narrows down to MAGA, our Bernie supporter. 

3 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

For sure red, those damn revolutionaries.  Those poor brits never knew what was coming.  Too bad they couldn't have banned guns.

I think the larger point is, one man's tyranny is another man's "patriotism". Guys like Rand were standing side by side with casts of characters like the Bundys. I think it's a fair point to ask if he's concerned that statements like his further inflame the partisan tension.

4 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Even with a dictator in waiting occupying the White House we question the wisdom of the 2nd amendment. It's a bold strategy certainly.

You become more and more unhinged with each post.

19 minutes ago, red321 said:

I think the larger point is, one man's tyranny is another man's "patriotism". Guys like Rand were standing side by side with casts of characters like the Bundys. I think it's a fair point to ask if he's concerned that statements like his further inflame the partisan tension.

Of course.  I think the wording was poor.  Honestly I wish no politician used twitter.

1 hour ago, red321 said:

Let's not kid ourselves here.  There is no small number of people on the conservative side of the spectrum that are happily ideologically shoulder to shoulder with the Bundys and their madness.  And it's not just the Bundys.  There's plenty of others as well.

It's a terrible thing that happened today.  It was politically motivated.  I disagree with the idea that it was just a crazy person.  Certainly he was crazy but there's more to it than that. Just as is the case with violent radical islamists.  I'm fine with labeling it terrorism.  The current tone of political discourse in this country is extremely unfortunate and regrettable.  But partisan radicalization is more dangerous among the conservatives and has been.  That's my opinion and I'll stick to it.  The FBI has viewed radicals right wing nationalists as a greater threat to this country then any other for many years now. 

Rand Paul's twitter post was shameful then and it's shameful now.  Today the absurdity of it is particularly highlighted.  The republicans have been stoking this crazed "the republic is besieged" sentiment for almost 2 decades.  Look, that rhetoric goes both ways.  The liberals can use that stupid logic as well and today one did.  The spirit of the discourse cannot be back tracked.  

The idea that the 2nd amendment is the people's shield against tyranny is bullshit that has to be dropped.  

Edited by UndertheHalo

9 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Malcolm Harris of the Washington Post. Such a nice young man!

wapo-malcom-harris-tweet-1.jpg

He's an employee of the Post ? 

If he's suggesting that he hopes the congressman dies, then he deserves to lose his job for making his stupid wishes public.  It appears to me that that is exactly what he's suggesting.   

Not a great dude apparently. 

Edited by UndertheHalo