• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official 2017-2018 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

18 hours ago, nate said:

Weak game for Miller, this loss was on him, at least two of those goals shouldn't have scored.

Since they had a day off after the Capitals game Gibson should have played last night, tonight vs Rangers is where Miller should have been used instead(Rangers are not as good as the Devils this year). Devils are now in first place in their division.

4 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

It's just too bad they would never replace the pylon Bieska with Megna.  

The most alarming thing to me is # of Lindholm turn overs.  I know I beat that drum constantly but i really am starting to think the Ducks made a big mistake with him.  The guy has had almost zero positive development.  If anything, he’s regressed.  It was easy to write off his getting pushed around a few years ago.  It’s not something I’m willing to keep exusing as youth anymore. 

3 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

The most alarming thing to me is # of Lindholm turn overs.  I know I beat that drum constantly but i really am starting to think the Ducks made a big mistake with him.  The guy has had almost zero positive development.  If anything, he’s regressed.  It was easy to write off his getting pushed around a few years ago.  It’s not something I’m willing to keep exusing as youth anymore. 

Montour is high also.  But he was never known as being a defenseman.  More of an offensive defenseman.  Same can't be said about Lindholm.  He just seems to get muscled off the puck a lot.  

1 minute ago, gotbeer said:

Montour is high also.  But he was never known as being a defenseman.  More of an offensive defenseman.  Same can't be said about Lindholm.  He just seems to get muscled off the puck a lot.  

Right, and it’s crazy because he’s a big guy.  He just plays timid and it kills me.  I hate it when he gets trapped on the boards and makes some weak ass back handed play to whatever pressuring forward.  He does it all the time.   Lindholm is supposed to be a rock.  He just hasn’t been. 

And Montour definitely needs to clean it up, but I’m ok with giving the rookie some time. 

Carlyle has lost the team, his players don't care in the 3rd period anymore, his system is crap, the players don't do well with it anymore at all & i think they've grown tired of his system, the 1st year back the guys did well but the 2nd year with Carlyle back they don't seem to be playing well.

Carlyle needs to be fired, even an league average coach would implement a modern system that would work better & the sooner they fire him the better as it'll give the next coach time to get them adjusted to a modern system.

6 hours ago, Scioscia4MVP said:

Carlyle has lost the team, his players don't care in the 3rd period anymore, his system is crap, the players don't do well with it anymore at all & i think they've grown tired of his system, the 1st year back the guys did well but the 2nd year with Carlyle back they don't seem to be playing well.

Carlyle needs to be fired, even an league average coach would implement a modern system that would work better & the sooner they fire him the better as it'll give the next coach time to get them adjusted to a modern system.

As a NY Rangers fan, I have to agree with your assessment of the 3rd period play, at least for last nights game. Ducks seemed to be going through the motions

They seem like that in every game.  I miss BB's system of constant pressure and forecheck instead of the stupid dump in and hope for a turnover.

Part of the problem is having Welinski, Bieksa and Beauch out there.  Welinski has been beyond awful as with Bieksa.  Beauch is who he is, he makes smart plays but his age has slowed him down too much, he doesn't make the stupid mistakes that Bieksa does but just gets beat too easily at times.

The other thing is that this forward group just isn't good.  We know Silf is streaky so it is no surprise that he goes on scoring streaks, but what about Rakell?  He is awol.  Without Henrique they would be lucky to ever score.

Some of you guys really need to take a xanax lol. It's not even halfway through the season and you're wanting people fired? Come on... We're just a few points from a playoff spot with a gimp team for the entire season and we're still not healthy. Carlyle isn't going anywhere this season.

51 minutes ago, nate said:

They seem like that in every game.  I miss BB's system of constant pressure and forecheck instead of the stupid dump in and hope for a turnover.

Part of the problem is having Welinski, Bieksa and Beauch out there.  Welinski has been beyond awful as with Bieksa.  Beauch is who he is, he makes smart plays but his age has slowed him down too much, he doesn't make the stupid mistakes that Bieksa does but just gets beat too easily at times.

The other thing is that this forward group just isn't good.  We know Silf is streaky so it is no surprise that he goes on scoring streaks, but what about Rakell?  He is awol.  Without Henrique they would be lucky to ever score.

Yeah we're definitely missing another scoring threat out there. It's noticeable. Very noticeable.

This team won't win much with Bieska, Beauchimin and Vermette playing.  Bieska is just outmuscled, and outhustled to pucks.  In the D zone, the other team knows that all they need to do is pinch in on him, and they will get the puck.  Open ice, they will just ram him, because he's too slow to get out of the way, and turn the puck over.  When he was playing with Fowler, he was a liability because Fowler had no outlet pass, and he was usually just standing around, even when skating.  He thinks he is an Oman/Dman and he pinches in on offense, but half the time, he never cycles back to the point like Fowler does, mainly because he is so slow.  Bieska is now a one trick pony, in that he will go for the hit to force a turnover, with half to 3/4 of the time, the other player making him miss and having a free run to the net.  He truly is a pylon on the ice.  

Beauchimin is a lot like Bieska also.  But he is smart enough to not pinch in the O-zone.  But he is just getting pinned and outworked in the D-zone and giving away puck after puck.  He doesn't have the speed to move the puck out of the D-zone, which puts a lot of strain on whoever his partner is.  

These two guys, whenever they are on the ice, the other team will completely do a full court press on them.  Half the time they can't exit their own zone, which is a huge part of our problems on D.  As long as these two and Holzer play, the D will continue to be terrible.

Vermette.  Wins a lot of faceoffs.  Other than that, he gets worked off pucks.  The shitty thing is, in the O-zone, he is in the right places.  But he has zero backhand.  And 75% of the time, he will swing and miss on any shot not on a tee.  The most infuriating thing about him, is that he will get a one time shot to an open net, and miss the puck.  You watch other scrubs on other teams, and they bury these shots.  But the Ducks, and especially Vermette, finds new and creative ways to blow these shots.