• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official 2017-2018 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

10 minutes ago, HaloCory22 said:

Not a good sign when Devils fans are ready for a parade. They feel like this was a dominate trade win for them. They're all incredibly low on Henrique. Said he's arguably the 7th best FW on their team right now. That just let out a lot of air in our balloons.

Really, in some of the comments, I'm seeing the opposite reaction.  We shall see though.  I like the trade, but then again, he could turn out to be incompatible with our scheme. 

Another thing I like about this trade.  Blandisi will probably get a shot on the 4th line, and we can send that piece of crap Llambas packing. 

1 minute ago, nate said:

Where is Kase?  I feel like this is turning into another Despres situation

Yeah, and he's a RFA next season, so I hope the ducks go carefully.  I wouldn't be surprised if they just give him a one year qualifying offer.   

2 minutes ago, HaloCory22 said:

So this just makes losing Theo to Vegas even funnier. Why not just let them take Vats in the first place? Salary dump would've been just as good.

Yeah, just for one year of Stoner.

I think they don't make this trade if Getzlaf, Eaves and Kesler are out.

16 minutes ago, nate said:

Yeah, just for one year of Stoner.

I think they don't make this trade if Getzlaf, Eaves and Kesler are out.

Yeah my thoughts too. I get the need for the trade but man. Definitely feels like GMBM held his cards too long on this one. Stoneman style.

25 minutes ago, nate said:

They also put Eaves on the LTIR so I wouldn't be surprised if another trade happens with that 3rd + another pick.

Right now it looks like

Perry, Ritchie, Henrique

Cogs, Silfverberg, Grant?

Wagner, Roy, Vermette

Blandisi, Kossilla, Shaw/Rasmussen

Boll better be on the outs just like Llama and Holzer.  If Kase is back, it should bump Vermette down.  Overall though, it doesn't look as bad as yesterday.  

Henrique is more of a LW than Center after reading what Devil fans said about his faceoff numbers being bad & not playing as well there unless paired with Kovy + Parise, so when Healthy that means he probably moves back to LW. Henrique played Center for NJ cause back then they had no other options until Hischier & Zacha arrived, Zajac is now their 3rd center.

Healthy Ducks:

Henrique/Getzlaf/Rakell

Cogliano/Kesler/Silfverberg

Kase/Vermette/Perry

Ritchie/Wagner/Blandisi ?

Just gotta hope we can stay afloat until then. 

The more I think about the trade the more I like it.  Henrique fills exactly the need we had.  Now if Murray can get someone else to replace Eaves we’ll be in good shape as far the top 6.  

As long as we can hopefully be done with this ridiculous injury spell. 

36 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Just gotta hope we can stay afloat until then. 

The more I think about the trade the more I like it.  Henrique fills exactly the need we had.  Now if Murray can get someone else to replace Eaves we’ll be in good shape as far the top 6.  

As long as we can hopefully be done with this ridiculous injury spell. 

Henrique might fit on the top line.  Eaves wasn't much, but with Getzlaf, he became all world.   This might be the same with Henrique.  And next season, if Eaves comes back, he slots in the Kesler line instead of Cogs, or the third line centering Perry and Kase.  

Plus the other guy slots in the fourth line right now, and in the future could become a valuable piece.