• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official 2017-2018 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

It’s shitty that they’re getting embarrassed like this.  It’s one thing to be unable to score goals.  It’s entiely another when u can’t even play a competent defensive game.  We have our D fully healthy.  I don’t buy that the forwards can’t play defense.  They need to adapt to what the team is capable of.  They need to be in shut down mode the entire game and wait for power plays to get on the board. 

I know I’m a broken record but fuck it whatever. Our best players are on defense and they look like shit.  It’s not good enough.  6 goals against is a fucking joke. 

A season like this makes last years disappointment even worse.  Who knows if this core will ever get back to a serious run again.  It’s not like these important players are immientently coming back.  The way the team looks right now.  The way they’ve looked.  This doesn’t look like a group that can survive for a month or 2.   How depressing. 

I am raging right now.  But you know.  I think the coaching staff has to be held accountable for this.  It’s not just injuries.  The play is absolutely atrocious.   If they don’t stop giving up 35+ shots a game 20+ scoring chances a game.  Carlyle and his staff need to be on the hot seat. Murray can’t let this keep going on and not act.  It’s outrageous.  

Edited by UndertheHalo

1 hour ago, UndertheHalo said:

I am raging right now.  But you know.  I think the coaching staff has to be held accountable for this.  It’s not just injuries.  The play is absolutely atrocious.   If they don’t stop giving up 35+ shots a game 20+ scoring chances a game.  Carlyle and his staff need to be on the hot seat. Murray can’t let this keep going on and not act.  It’s outrageous.  

Whoever is in charge of defense should already be fired.  The D may have had injuries.  But they have looked like crap even when everyone was healthy.

Funny how DeBrincat at 5'7 doesn't have to wait to build more muscle to enter the NHL but 6'0 tall Steel has to wait another year to build more muscle. Their junior numbers last year were nearly the same point totals except that Debrincat at 5'7 is very undersized while Steel is alot more NHL sized.

If he was a Hawks prospect Steel would already be in the NHL cause their not afraid to promote a skilled guy from the juniors. Steel's dropoff in the juniors this year is cause he's stuck there & will be in the AHL next year likely, Getzlaf experienced a dropoff there too in his junior days. Getzlaf went from 75 points in 49 WHL games to 54 points in 51 WHL games.

I know we are only a few points out of a wild card spot.  But this just feel it's time to sell, and get young.  Which includes calling up the young uns from the AHL.   

These are guys if anyone wants to give us anything, I'd trade.  Most are UFA's after this season.  Vermette, Boll, Rasmussen, Grant, Llambas, Bieska, Beuchimin, Holzer.  Of the group, Vermette could be of value to a playoff team for his faceoffs.  Rasmussen could be of interest to a team that plays a different style than the Ducks.  Grant would be a good 3/4 line center for a team, and at his price tag, wouldn't mind keeping him as our 3/4 line center.  Not the 1/2 center he's currently being used for.  Bieska could be a playoff bottom pair with his experience.  

These guys I'd want something for.  Cogs and Wagner.  Cogs would be a good resign at his current price.  But anything higher, and you have to look elsewhere.  Wagner is also valuable as a 4th line center.  Again, he will also be dependent on what he is going to be asking for.  Around the million mark would be where I'd be comfortable keeping him.  

And guys we should get huge value for.  Vatanen.  He just doesn't fit anymore.  Fowler is definitely the Dman on this team.  Montour leapfrogged Vatanen for the speed Oman on the second line.  Vatanen on the third line is just a waste of talent and cap space.  He needs to be moved regardless of our injury situation.  Silfverberg.  Say what?  He's a UFA after 2019.  I just think his perceived value is much higher than his actual value, at least for the Ducks.  He's going to break out, and yet he hasn't and is 27.  Maybe the style we play just isn't a right fit for him.  He looks like someone that may become huge on a different playstyle team.  But the way the Ducks play, I think he's stuck as a 30-40 point a season player.  I just don't think he will break out like we hoped, and can get a really good return for him.  

And really, I don't think trading these guys will really affect how we play at all, we are already bottom of the barrel of suckiness.  Just fill them with someone that has potential from the Gulls.  

You guys are too much.  The Ducks have so many injuries and you are still complaining so much.

If you don't have offense to possess the puck, you are going to give up more shots, the D is going to be more tired, and they have nobody down the middle.  This is entirely predictable, IMO everyone gets a pass (other than Bieksa)

54 minutes ago, nate said:

You guys are too much.  The Ducks have so many injuries and you are still complaining so much.

If you don't have offense to possess the puck, you are going to give up more shots, the D is going to be more tired, and they have nobody down the middle.  This is entirely predictable, IMO everyone gets a pass (other than Bieksa)

So be like the Angels.  Just tread water until we drown.  Never come to the realization we are too old and not really that good, and stay with the status quo and never learn from the mistakes and get younger.

6 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

So be like the Angels.  Just tread water until we drown.  Never come to the realization we are too old and not really that good, and stay with the status quo and never learn from the mistakes and get younger.

WTF are you talking about?  For one thing, Kesler, Perry and Getzlaf are signed long term... second off, they have a shitload of young guys on the team, that is the problem right now, no vets.

You can't call up every young prospect there is on the Gulls or you start the clock on them now and get totally fucked long term.

Richie, Kase, Grant, Wagner, Silf, Montour, Lindholm, Manson, Rakell, Kosilla, Roy, Shaw are all young.  Hell, Vatanen and Cam too.

Next year we will probably see Welinski and Larssen and maybe a couple forwards, but that is it.

4 of the top 6 are hurt, nobody on the Gulls can fill that in.