• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official 2017-2018 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

???

OK, Lindholm is not our problem. The fact that he doesn't have an allstar appearance every game means he's what, on the level of McDavid?

I know you're just venting, but...

Also, I was at the game Wednesday and Lindholm was doing more than most of the rest of the guys.

Regarding other's posts, the Ducks looked good on the back to backs. They just tried to conserve energy starting Wednesday and it bit them in the butt. They should have won Wednesday's game and then yesterday's would have been no big deal.

I’m just looking at guys who are supposed to be our best players.  Lindholm is a young player with an opportunity to step up big.  He’s highly regarded.  My issue with him is that he always seems to shrink in situations where he needs to be the big guy.  I’m sick of watching the guy get fucking dominated.  Watch him closely these next games.  He looks fucking awful. 

I don’t see the point on continuing to harp on about Bieksa.  Or getting upset about guys like Chris Wagner.  Bieksa is a washed up player that shouldn’t be in the situations the Ducks have him in.  The same for our army scrub forwards the Ducks are asking to play 1 or 2 line roles.  Chris Wagner is a 4th line player.  There’s no point in being frustrated with his performance.  He doesn’t have the ability to compete with other teams top line players.  It’s the same with the other guys.  Grant, etc.  

The Ducks needs our supposedly good Defense to step up.  So far,  they have been horrible.  Fowler was out for what 4 weeks.  He came back and immediately looks like the best player by a lot.  IMO that makes a guy like Hampus Lindholm look really shitty.   Vatanen has also been awful.

The defense plays an extremely important roll in shot suppression Nate.  Also, in transition out of the defensive zone.  They’ve been miserable failures at both this season.  Particularly in the last 6-7 games.  I’ll find the shot charts and show you guys.  We have a lot of problems deep in our zone.  Particularly with turn overs.  Which is absolutely the D. 

I’m not giving the forwards a pass.  But our D is supposed to have all these great young players.  As far as I’m concerned.  Only Montour.  The rookie.  Has preformed as expext or above.  Vatanen and Lindholm both leave much to be desired.  Manson, has also been prone to error.   But less so then Lindholm and Vatanen. 

1 hour ago, UndertheHalo said:

The defense plays an extremely important roll in shot suppression Nate.  Also, in transition out of the defensive zone.  They’ve been miserable failures at both this season.  Particularly in the last 6-7 games.  I’ll find the shot charts and show you guys.  We have a lot of problems deep in our zone.  Particularly with turn overs.  Which is absolutely the D. 

I’m not giving the forwards a pass.  But our D is supposed to have all these great young players.  As far as I’m concerned.  Only Montour.  The rookie.  Has preformed as expext or above.  Vatanen and Lindholm both leave much to be desired.  Manson, has also been prone to error.   But less so then Lindholm and Vatanen. 

They can't do it if the forwards in charge of slowing down the forecheck and defending the middle are AWOL

2 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

We have a lot of problems deep in our zone.  Particularly with turn overs.  Which is absolutely the D. 

Not necessarily. If the forwards aren't supporting the break out well that can lead to turnovers.  Or if opposing teams aren't respecting/fearing the forwards they can really ramp up the forecheck by throwing an extra player into the corners. Something teams really have done more often the past few seasons, from at least the eye test.

3 hours ago, nate said:

Ducks are a gigantic mess, I see it as another blowout probably.

I don't know about a blowout, but I sure don't have a good feeling about tonight. I wouldn't be surprised to see us out of it most of the game.

I also wouldn't be surprised if we play over our heads and win. My bet would be one or the other.

But, i guess that sounds like I'm covering a wider spectrum than I have in my thoughts.

48 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Bieksa apparently is better at fights then hockey these days 

They should just use Bieksa as an enforcer & have him play Forward or something until his contract is up this year.

Technically Manson also functions as an Enforcer, the jack of all trades.

2 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

I’m not saying that the forwards aren’t culpable. I’m saying I expect more from the defensemen. I don’t think that’s unfair. 

The D-Men are probably giving up subconsciously cause of the Center depth right now. No matter how hard they work they'll have to bail out the forwards again. i'm afraid of how Murray will address the team on that, probably by acquiring another Bieksa type.

So I've been in the mountains for the last 3 days.  Looks like the team surpassed my expectation and we were gifted a point.  Oh, and looking at the box score.  But LOL at Bieska and Holzer in against the Kings.  They really must suck if they couldn't beat us handily.   

And I continue to be amazed that Llambas is still on this team.  As the article I posted earlier states, he shouldn't even be in the NHL.

8 hours ago, gotbeer said:

So I've been in the mountains for the last 3 days.  Looks like the team surpassed my expectation and we were gifted a point.  Oh, and looking at the box score.  But LOL at Bieska and Holzer in against the Kings.  They really must suck if they couldn't beat us handily.   

And I continue to be amazed that Llambas is still on this team.  As the article I posted earlier states, he shouldn't even be in the NHL.

did you miss the part about how Rakell is hurt now ? He's not going on the road trip.

Edited by UndertheHalo

8 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Holzer was playing forward.