• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official 2017-2018 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

Don't know if any of you saw this but....

REPORT: Ducks Tried To Trade For Vadim Shipachyov

In the comments.

Friedman didn’t go into any further detail on what exactly the bonus repayment issue was, but he did say that the trade cost for the Ducks would have been a 5th round pick. Ugh. A lost opportunity right there, although I don’t blame Murray for not wanting to pay the bonus.

That would have been worth a shot.

yea, i saw the Shipachyov stuff a little while ago.  would be have been a nice get.  Its probably better that it didn't pan out though.  The guy doesn't care about playing in the NHL it seems.  Fair enough, not everyone wants to play on the other side of the world.  Galchenyuk is an interesting player also but I find it hard to believe Montreal is serious about trading him.  They really don't have a lot of forward depth.  I think Toronto seems like a possible trading partner.  They have so many good young guys up front and they don't have a ton of defensive depth.  I guess the question is whether they're going to choose to cough up any of those guys.  Marner for example, seems like someone who may be considered a tradable asset.  He would be a really nice get.

Edited by UndertheHalo

20 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Marner for example, seems like someone who may be considered a tradable asset.  He would be a really nice get.

Can't imagine what his asking price would be.  Probably would be Montour + someone else.  And that someone else would be a good prospect like Mahura, Steel, Jones.

1 minute ago, gotbeer said:

Can't imagine what his asking price would be.  Probably would be Montour + someone else.  And that someone else would be a good prospect like Mahura, Steel, Jones.

I would trade Vatanen and Larsson/Mahura plus a pick for him.  I would consider trading Steel or Jones for him.   Montour is untouchable.

11 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I would trade Vatanen and Larsson/Mahura plus a pick for him.  I would consider trading Steel or Jones for him.   Montour is untouchable.

That would be ideal is trading Vatanen instead of Montour, even if it meant Steel or Jones.  It would be even better if it meant someone not in those 4, but have to be someone realistic and not in the Angels will trade Calhoun and prospects, but not our best prospects which are worse than everyone else's prospects, for Stanton. 

3 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

yea, i saw the Shipachyov stuff a little while ago.  would be have been a nice get.  Its probably better that it didn't pan out though.  The guy doesn't care about playing in the NHL it seems.  Fair enough, not everyone wants to play on the other side of the world.  Galchenyuk is an interesting player also but I find it hard to believe Montreal is serious about trading him.  They really don't have a lot of forward depth.  I think Toronto seems like a possible trading partner.  They have so many good young guys up front and they don't have a ton of defensive depth.  I guess the question is whether they're going to choose to cough up any of those guys.  Marner for example, seems like someone who may be considered a tradable asset.  He would be a really nice get.

I agree, when the Ducks used to draft Russians it never worked out except for Bryzgalov & Salei was from Belarus.

Their such high risk/high reward prospects, chances are you'll get a Yakupov than a Kucherov but there is always that chance that gets teams interested in taking the risk.

6 hours ago, nate said:

Trading Montour would be the dumbest thing they ever did

Agreed. Montour has a high chance of eventually becoming the guy who averages 40 to 50 points every year especially cause of that slap shot he's already got, as he continues to get stronger & work even more on his shooting ability he's got alot going for him. When Fowler was his age he didn't have that kind of a slapshot.

5 minutes ago, Scioscia4MVP said:

Agreed. Montour has a high chance of eventually becoming the guy who averages 40 to 50 points every year especially cause of that slap shot he's already got, as he continues to get stronger & work even more on his shooting ability he's got alot going for him. When Fowler was his age he didn't have that kind of a slapshot.

Fowler still doesn't, he is just a really smart passer with the skill to score.  Montour isn't the passer and skater Fowler is... yet, but his shot is excellent.  A lot like Beauch in his prime.

7 hours ago, nate said:

Fowler still doesn't, he is just a really smart passer with the skill to score.  Montour isn't the passer and skater Fowler is... yet, but his shot is excellent.  A lot like Beauch in his prime.

Fowler as the 1 line defender, and Montour as the 2 line speed defender is a good thing.  Fowler/Lindholm or Montour/Lindholm and Fowler/Manson and Montour/Manson (I know that thought made Nate dry heave a bit, but it's the future).  Means, what, 4 years of stability.  And the third line defensemen consist of Beuch (gone), Bieska (gone), Holzer (gone), Vatanen, and Megna.  With Larrson, Wisenski, and Pettersson as up and comers.  

2 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Fowler as the 1 line defender, and Montour as the 2 line speed defender is a good thing.  Fowler/Lindholm or Montour/Lindholm and Fowler/Manson and Montour/Manson (I know that thought made Nate dry heave a bit, but it's the future).  Means, what, 4 years of stability.  And the third line defensemen consist of Beuch (gone), Bieska (gone), Holzer (gone), Vatanen, and Megna.  With Larrson, Wisenski, and Pettersson as up and comers.  

Mahura is a great D prospect too who has 18 points in 18 games this year after being drafted in 2016, previous season he had 53 points in 73 games.

Mahura should be in the AHL next year.

The Ducks have played 2 less games than LA & if the Ducks were to win their next 2 games to match LA in games played they'd only be 1 point behind.

Today's game is big against SJ, they need that win to push the Sharks back who trail by only 1 point but have a game in hand.

Part of climbing back into the standings in the Pacific is keeping SJ from getting back up there.