• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official 2017-2018 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

13 minutes ago, Scioscia4MVP said:

Perfect. Probably though Nashville in 2010-2011 didn't have a true top line center & had alot of 3rd line types on their top lines and most of their offense came from Weber/Suter.

I also wonder if they could make a run at signing Tavares in the offseason if they trade Vatanen for picks/prospects & the contracts of Cogliano, Bieksa come off the books. Then with LTIR-ing Eaves that'd save even more. With the Ducks, Tavares would replace Getzlaf as the #1 Center & allow them to take their time with Steel.

In that scenario what position would Steel play in 2018-19 & 2019-20 ?

I really don't think center is a long term problem with the Ducks.  We have Kesler and Getzlaf signed long term.  Wasting money on Tavares as a third line center just isn't prudent.  

http://www.tsn.ca/tsn-hockey-s-trade-bait-list-1.203546

Besides the LOL of Sbisa and Perron as in the top 10.  What about Thomas Vanek?  He's a good 40 to high 40's point scorer.  He's not that expensive and might not cost much in trade.  He's big so might fit with our style.  And we'd probably be able to extend him on the cheap.

5 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

I really don't think center is a long term problem with the Ducks.  We have Kesler and Getzlaf signed long term.  Wasting money on Tavares as a third line center just isn't prudent.  

http://www.tsn.ca/tsn-hockey-s-trade-bait-list-1.203546

Besides the LOL of Sbisa and Perron as in the top 10.  What about Thomas Vanek?  He's a good 40 to high 40's point scorer.  He's not that expensive and might not cost much in trade.  He's big so might fit with our style.  And we'd probably be able to extend him on the cheap.

Man if we can get Tavares Bob Murray better be ready to murder to make it happen.  This guy is a top 5 C in the NHL. 

The Ducks are at a point where they need to start considering life after Getzlaf & friends.  Kesler is apparently learning how to skate again.  I mean lol.  That could go really badly.  

For real though, if there a possibility that we can bring in Tavares, Bob better clear the salary to make that happen.

Edited by UndertheHalo

18 minutes ago, nate said:

Weber/Suter are different monsters though and played a completely different system.

I think the Ducks will re-up Cogliano.  Where is Larssen?  Still hurt?  If he can come up and play well then Vatanen has to go.

He didn't play last game.  But it looks like he played 2 games ago.  So not sure what his status is.

3 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

If it is.  That's worrisome.  I think that's his second of the year.

Yep, it was definitely a concussion, he tried to get back up and just fell down and then looked super disoriented.

Hey, look, Vatanen scored!