• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official 2017-2018 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

Eaves was just bad luck this season.  He was a great pickup, and all things considered, still a good price at $3 million a season.  Just bad luck.  But say Eaves is out this year.  And taking into consideration next season.

This season, Getz/Rak/Perry, Kess/Cogs/Silv, GRK, Wag/Ras/Boll/Verm/Koss.  Of course getting Getz/Kess in the lineup is a problem, but with those two, I don't think you make a snap move to fill it because they are going to be here for a long time.  But I can see them moving Grant or Wagner while they have good value for a 3 line young winger that may become a #2 line type player.  That would move Ritchie to line 4.

Then next season, it would be Getz/Rak/Eaves, Kess/Cogs/Silv, Grant or Wagner/Kase/Perry, Koss/Ritchie/#3 winger.  Healthy, that really is a nice 4 lines IMO.  Sign some filler bench players for backup, and long term you should have Steel and Jones at the AHL level getting experience for long term callups.

1 minute ago, gotbeer said:

Eaves was just bad luck this season.  He was a great pickup, and all things considered, still a good price at $3 million a season.  Just bad luck.  But say Eaves is out this year.  And taking into consideration next season.

This season, Getz/Rak/Perry, Kess/Cogs/Silv, GRK, Wag/Ras/Boll/Verm/Koss.  Of course getting Getz/Kess in the lineup is a problem, but with those two, I don't think you make a snap move to fill it because they are going to be here for a long time.  But I can see them moving Grant or Wagner while they have good value for a 3 line young winger that may become a #2 line type player.  That would move Ritchie to line 4.

Then next season, it would be Getz/Rak/Eaves, Kess/Cogs/Silv, Grant or Wagner/Kase/Perry, Koss/Ritchie/#3 winger.  Healthy, that really is a nice 4 lines IMO.  Sign some filler bench players for backup, and long term you should have Steel and Jones at the AHL level getting experience for long term callups.

Is Silf a FA after this season or next?  If he doesn't start scoring then the Ducks should move on from him unless he is willing to stay cheap.  Offer him Cogliano money.

2 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Right, but that’s Murray’s issue also isn’t it ? Eaves history wasn’t any kind of secret.  His entire career has been non stop IR disappointment.  I mean we got fucked in the playoffs because of it.  What was it gonna take for the caution signs to register for Murray ? I mean really ? Patrick Eaves and development from Nick Ritchie is the plan B after the failure to sign Marleau (Which was fine btw - the issue is lack of alternative solutions) he instead burns more of our cap space on fucking Francois Beauchumin and doesn’t do shit else for the offense that clearly needs help. 

I get that the rare immune system disorder is completely unpredictable, but again.  Patrick Eaves entire career has been one trip to the IR after another and again, he failed to stay healthy at a critical time for us last season.  It just is what it is.  Staying healthy is a thing for athletes.  The guy just can’t do it.  He’s like 33.  Why the hell would Murray bank on him !?

look, I’m frustrated, I’m maybe being unfair right now.  But there are problems here, and it seems to me that it’s not all on ice.  Murray deserved to be scrutanized for obvious failures. 

Just to be fair though.  Vatanen and Lindholm were walking wounded and I think one was out towards the end also.  Kesler's injury was a lot worse than it seemed.  So we had the perfect storm of Angelitis last season and this season.

I wanted him to make an offensive move also.  But you can't pay $6 million for a 3rd line center.  In the cap world, you just can't do that, especially with what we are paying our dmen.

Man you are really a broken record on Beauch... he is getting 1 million and he leads the team in blocked shots.  Not only that but with all the injuries they would be playing Olesky or Holzer every fucking game.  Beauch has been fine it was the perfect signing really for depth.

6 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I think silfverberg is signed another 2 years. Nick Ritchie is garbage.  I’m all pissed off now thinking about what mess they are.  Fuck everything. 

:-(

Good thing about Ritchie is he's signed for 894k.  And is a RFA, so still should be cheap.  And with him not performing, might be able to sign him for multiple years cheap.

And talking about Silfverberg.  ;)

6 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Just to be fair though.  Vatanen and Lindholm were walking wounded and I think one was out towards the end also.  Kesler's injury was a lot worse than it seemed.  So we had the perfect storm of Angelitis last season and this season.

I wanted him to make an offensive move also.  But you can't pay $6 million for a 3rd line center.  In the cap world, you just can't do that, especially with what we are paying our dmen.

Yea I mean don’t misunderstand me, maybe I’m not expressing myself well.  It’s not just about last summer.  The Ducks have built their way to this.  And look, there’s also issues with Lindholm and Vatanen IMO.  Lindholm hasn’t morphed into the number 1 dman that the numbers suggest.  He’s not a dominant player.  We have lots of d men that can move.  Probably at the expense of high caliber forwards up front.  Lindholm, Fowler, Vatanen have failed to comp that lack of up front skill.  I just am losing faith in the vision. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

4 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Yea I mean don’t misunderstand me, maybe I’m not expressing myself well.  It’s not just about last summer.  The Ducks have built there way to this.  And look, there’s also issues with Lindholm and Vatanen IMO.  Lindholm hasn’t morphed into the number 1 dman that the numbers suggest.  He’s not a dominant player.  We have lots of d men that can move.  Probably at the expense of high caliber forwards up front.  Lindholm, Fowler, Vatanen have failed to comp that lack of up front skill.  I just am losing faith in the vision. 

loso

It's frustrating.  But losing 2 from your #1 line, and your Selke finalist can bring about a lot of frustration.

Vermette has to be the worst shooter we have.  Unless it's in his wheelhouse, his shot is useless.  Even the goal he scored today, he got lucky on.  Most would have been able to backhand it in.  Vermette has absolutely no backhand.  Only a slow release shot.

I'm going to go on record as saying that if Ritchie gets bounced, the reason will not be his lack of ability. It will be his continual stupidity of drawing penalties at the worst possible time, in the most obvious way and accomplishing nothing by it. You can't fix stupid and this guy does some of the most goofy @ss penalties you could come up with. 

If you're going to take an obvious penalty, make it count. If you're going to take a penalty at a bad time, have a good reason for it.

I think the only chance this guy has of staying is he's tough and fights real well. That's big with Bob and Randy. But, I don't think it's enough to overcome how much his stupidity hurts the team.

1 hour ago, deepdrive said:

I'm going to go on record as saying that if Ritchie gets bounced, the reason will not be his lack of ability. It will be his continual stupidity of drawing penalties at the worst possible time, in the most obvious way and accomplishing nothing by it. You can't fix stupid and this guy does some of the most goofy @ss penalties you could come up with. 

If you're going to take an obvious penalty, make it count. If you're going to take a penalty at a bad time, have a good reason for it.

I think the only chance this guy has of staying is he's tough and fights real well. That's big with Bob and Randy. But, I don't think it's enough to overcome how much his stupidity hurts the team.

Yup, he's trending more and more like a 4th line winger.  But on the positive side, I'd rather have him than Boll.

7 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Yup, he's trending more and more like a 4th line winger.  But on the positive side, I'd rather have him than Boll.

GB, this is how I definitely know you’re a glass half full guy !!! Lol at least he’s better then JARED BOLL !! 

Edited by UndertheHalo

Lindholm's 2 of 4 points have come on the powerplay, even he's scoring goals at a higher pace than Silfverberg. He only has 9 shots on goal this year but 2 goals in 6 games.
Vatanen whats happened to the guy ? Last year he had only 3 goals in 71 games, this year not even 1 point. Thats awful for a guy who's game is scoring goals from the blue line.

He went from 12 goals in 67 games in 2014-15 to 9 goals in 71 games in 2015-16 then to that massive dropoff last year of 3 goals in 71 games.

Each year a decline in his points per game rate as well.
Starting to wonder if they really should have traded him before the expansion draft.

Vatanen has only been back for like three games, how can you complain about his point total?  He was instantly a huge upgrade on D compared to Holzer and Bieksa.

I went to bed during the second intermission, had a good feeling that they would fall apart.  They looked really tired and SJ was playing with tons of rest.