• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official 2017-2018 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

10 minutes ago, nate said:

Man, Megna just had a really bad shift that led to that Toronto goal.

Yeah, looked like he passed it up the middle that the Ducks player wasn't expecting.  Then he lost where the puck was.  I'd still take him over many of the Dmen though.

Just now, gotbeer said:

Yeah, looked like he passed it up the middle that the Ducks player wasn't expecting.  Then he lost where the puck was.  I'd still take him over many of the Dmen though.

Well, over the current options.  Once Cam is back then maybe not.

Yep, Ducks basically have 3x 4th line centers and a third line center.

Vermette is so horrible, I wish Carlyle would stop giving him minutes between Silf and Cogs.  Yes he wins faceoffs but he totally sucks other than that.  You will notice that when they are on the ice, the only way that something happens is when Silf and Cogs do it themselves.

He has been the best forward on the Ducks the last 2+ weeks.  Awesome to see.  He has really matured.  If you noticed last season he would get pretty lazy at times both in the O zone and D zone.  This year he is working his ass off on both ends.  The way he pursues the puck in the O zone is beautiful.

I was telling my wife last night how important it is for the Ducks to produce another big time forward since Richie has been a bit of a bust.

Edited by nate

Love this, Randy fixing that second line by getting 50 off of it.  Can't wait for Getzlaf to be back to Rakell doesn't have to play center though.  Unfortunately it looks like Bieksa in for Megna.  Megna did have a rough game so maybe that is part of it.

warmup lines

25-67-10 7-38-33 37-50-21 48-22-40 47-42 23-26 45-3

50 needs to be dropped to the 4th line.  But good for Grant and Kase getting moved up.  They have definitely deserved it.

Bieska already in means his "broken" hand was bullshit.  Not liking him getting in though.  But it is a back to back so will probably see Megna tomorrow.  As long as it isn't Holzer.

2 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

50 needs to be dropped to the 4th line.  But good for Grant and Kase getting moved up.  They have definitely deserved it.

Bieska already in means his "broken" hand was bullshit.  Not liking him getting in though.  But it is a back to back so will probably see Megna tomorrow.  As long as it isn't Holzer.

They mentioned something the other day that it was not as serious as they thought.  Still, im fine with him being out forever.

50 on the 4th line is fine but the 4th line tonight is extra puke worthy with 22 and 40.  Kosilla has shown me enough to think he should be in over 22.

1 minute ago, nate said:

They mentioned something the other day that it was not as serious as they thought.  Still, im fine with him being out forever.

50 on the 4th line is fine but the 4th line tonight is extra puke worthy with 22 and 40.  Kosilla has shown me enough to think he should be in over 22.

Yeah, I'd rather have Ritchie, Wagner, Shaw on line 3.  Then limit line 4 to 5 minutes.

Oh joy.  Penalty already.  Good one Ritchie.  Man that eye looks worse tonight.

Another toothless period for the Ducks.  What do we think about Nick Ritchie ? Did you guys know that he has only managed 18 SOG so far this season.  That is a shocking and alarming number.   This is his 3rd season (2.5 really I guess) in the league.  It needs to be a step forward year.  He’s not showing much, which is extremely bad for the Ducks forward core going forward.  This is a guy that the Ducks really need to develop into a top 6 type forward. Not good. 

38 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Another toothless period for the Ducks.  What do we think about Nick Ritchie ? Did you guys know that he has only managed 18 SOG so far this season.  That is a shocking and alarming number.   This is his 3rd season (2.5 really I guess) in the league.  It needs to be a step forward year.  He’s not showing much, which is extremely bad for the Ducks forward core going forward.  This is a guy that the Ducks really need to develop into a top 6 type forward. Not good. 

At this time.  I think Ritchie is a 4th liner.  Maybe a 3rd liner.  I still do like him on the GRK line though.  He really needs speed around him, so that he can go to the front of the net.  But he's really not a scorer, more of a grinder.  Thus the 4th line.

2 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

At this time.  I think Ritchie is a 4th liner.  Maybe a 3rd liner.  I still do like him on the GRK line though.  He really needs speed around him, so that he can go to the front of the net.  But he's really not a scorer, more of a grinder.  Thus the 4th line.

I agree with this assessment.  But unfortunately, that’s not good enough for the Ducks.  We need him to be more then a 4th liner.  Right now, he’s not even Dustin Penner.  Not close actually. 

2 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I agree with this assessment.  But unfortunately, that’s not good enough for the Ducks.  We need him to be more then a 4th liner.  Right now, he’s not even Dustin Penner.  Not close actually. 

I really think that the sooner the Ducks come to this conclusion, the better off they will be.  Right now, they are hoping he develops into a 2/3.  And because of this, the Ducks may not go after a 2/3 winger, because they think they already have one if that makes any sense.  

1 minute ago, gotbeer said:

I really think that the sooner the Ducks come to this conclusion, the better off they will be.  Right now, they are hoping he develops into a 2/3.  And because of this, the Ducks may not go after a 2/3 winger, because they think they already have one if that makes any sense.  

It makes sense,  but if the plan was to wait and pray for development from Ritchie.  Man, that’s a pretty bad one for a team supposedly in a Stanley Cup window.  

I know I’ve said it before, but I’m really tired of Murray’s vision.  It hasn’t worked, and there appears to be no urgency.  If this season results in an early exit and he doesn’t make any moves to improve the forward core, I’m going to want him gone.  It seems to me that we need new ideas.  We’ve had bad luck here to start it off, and the season is still young.  We’ll see what happens. 

Right, but that’s Murray’s issue also isn’t it ? Eaves history wasn’t any kind of secret.  His entire career has been non stop IR disappointment.  I mean we got fucked in the playoffs because of it.  What was it gonna take for the caution signs to register for Murray ? I mean really ? Patrick Eaves and development from Nick Ritchie is the plan B after the failure to sign Marleau (Which was fine btw - the issue is lack of alternative solutions) he instead burns more of our cap space on fucking Francois Beauchumin and doesn’t do shit else for the offense that clearly needs help. 

I get that the rare immune system disorder is completely unpredictable, but again.  Patrick Eaves entire career has been one trip to the IR after another and again, he failed to stay healthy at a critical time for us last season.  It just is what it is.  Staying healthy is a thing for athletes.  The guy just can’t do it.  He’s like 33.  Why the hell would Murray bank on him !?

look, I’m frustrated, I’m maybe being unfair right now.  But there are problems here, and it seems to me that it’s not all on ice.  Murray deserves to be scrutanized for obvious failures. 

Edited by UndertheHalo