• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official 2017-2018 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

1 minute ago, deepdrive said:

I don't think the Eastern conference cares and the Central is removed enough that they are just looking for the best deal for themselves. I get your point, but I think the Ducks aren't at much of a disadvantage. 

A lot of talent has moved in the last 8 years. The Ducks haven't been able or willing make many big deals. I think it's been more their choice than their situation.

agree 100%. 

Im just saying.  its disappointing.  bob has mostly done a good job but we're in the end game here.  he needs to do what he needs to do to push us over the top.

3 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

maybe pacific teams.  I dont think this is an issue with teams in the east or central.

and Colorado wants to tank on purposely to rebuild, Colorado getting back prospects & picks is their best option for the tanking job.

Cause of how the Ducks draft well in the 2nd to 5th round , i'd be willing to give up two 1st round picks + average prospect to get Duchene

That puts them back on top when everyone is healthy & they get to keep Steel/Larsson for the future.

12 hours ago, Scioscia4MVP said:

and Colorado wants to tank on purposely to rebuild, Colorado getting back prospects & picks is their best option for the tanking job.

Cause of how the Ducks draft well in the 2nd to 5th round , i'd be willing to give up two 1st round picks + average prospect to get Duchene

That puts them back on top when everyone is healthy & they get to keep Steel/Larsson for the future.

Who knows what’s going on with Colorado really.  That front office seems to be such a shit show.  It is incredible that Duchene hasn’t been traded yet.  That all said, one hopes that Murray is looking really hard at figuring out how to make that trade work for the Ducks.  It takes to two to tango though.  It’s very possible that a deal isn’t workable with Sakic right now. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

6 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Finally a little good news.  Lindholm is coming back just in time.  Hopefully Getzlaf is recovered and not rushing back like before. 

Sportsnet is reporting that we’re looking at maybe 8 weeks with Fowler.  Still haven’t seen Eric Stephens report on him though. 

8 weeks means meniscus... All things considered better news than an ACL.

Reading the past 2 days of posts in there. Time to chime in!

UndertheHalo is right on some points. I do feel like GMBM came into this season a bit under prepared. Of course you can't fault him for the injuries. We all knew it was going to be a crazy uphill battle the first 2 months. However, this team wasn't good enough even with the healthy squad. Still missing that final top 6 piece to push us over. The fact he seemed to get bent over during the expansion draft kinda makes me shake my head. Still don't understand how he didn't get Drouin. That's a story for another day though. We just have to hope that Eaves can recover and be productive when he gets back.

It is easy to tell how we didn't get Drouin... Montreal offered something better.

Also, Eaves was a lot worse off than we thought, scary!

https://www.nhl.com/ducks/news/patrick-eaves-medical-update/c-292205960

He was in the ICU... yikes!

From what I am reading, he might be done with his NHL career...

Although some people can take months and even years to recover, most people with Guillain-Barre syndrome experience this general timeline:

• After the first signs and symptoms, the condition tends to progressively worsen for about two weeks
  • Symptoms reach a plateau within four weeks
  • Recovery begins, usually lasting six to 12 months, though for some people it could take as long as three years

Among adults recovering from Guillain-Barre syndrome:

• About 80 percent can walk independently six months after diagnosis
  • About 60 percent fully recover motor strength one year after diagnosis
  • About 5 to 10 percent have very delayed and incomplete recovery

Children, who rarely develop Guillain-Barre syndrome, generally recover more completely than adults

Edited by nate

14 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Terrible news for Eaves. 

I don’t even know what to say about the Ducks.  Everything seems fucked.  Eaves was obviously penciled in as an important part of the scoring punch.  

Just shitty. 

The only plus is that if Eaves is really out long term then we will get salary cap relief and might be able to add a substantial piece...  I'm trying to find the positive here.

7 minutes ago, OCAngelsNotLAA said:

The only plus is that if Eaves is really out long term then we will get salary cap relief and might be able to add a substantial piece...  I'm trying to find the positive here.

Yea exactly right.  Honestly I wouldn’t mind if they just released him.  The Ducks should move on and it sounds like maybe Eaves should as well.  He’s not a young player. 

You can't release him, that would be callous and cruel.  They will LTIR him and probably keep him there for the duration of the contract unless he some how comes back from this.

At the very least he is done for the season.

1 minute ago, nate said:

You can't release him, that would be callous and cruel.  They will LTIR him and probably keep him there for the duration of the contract unless he some how comes back from this.

At the very least he is done for the season.

Plus the cap hit for him would be I think 2/3 since he's an older player for 6 years.  Better to LTIR him, and hope he makes it back tail end of this year or next year.  

I should clarify.  I meant after the season they should just release him.  It doesn’t make sense to do so now with the cap hit.  I don’t think it’s cruel either.  The guy is going to get paid.  This is an unfortunate situation that goes beyond hockey.  He’s probably not going to be able to resume the role the Ducks hoped he would fill.  There’s no point in the team dragging it along.  Anyway it doesn’t matter. LTIR, release,  whatever.  The Ducks need to figure something out now. 

45 minutes ago, nate said:

When you release him he loses access to team facilities and doctors.  He still gets taken care of by the NHL but not the same as if he is with a team, that is why it is cruel and you never see it happen.

We did do it to Despres though.  Although there was a huge cap consequence if we didn't do it when we did.  Like 1/3 value vs 2/3 value if the season started.