• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official 2017-2018 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

Can't wait for Lindholm and Vatanen to be back.  Giving Beauch/Holzer/Bieksa so many minutes is so bad for this team.

We know Holzer will be out once they get back but I wonder who the other will be, hoping it is Bieksa but I am worried it will be Montour.

The other thing is not having Kesler is noticeable...  I love Rakell but he is not a physical, two way player, so last night when the Isles were flying all around in the first period, the Ducks didn't have their shut down line to slow things down and wear them out a little bit.

6 hours ago, nate said:

Can't wait for Lindholm and Vatanen to be back.  Giving Beauch/Holzer/Bieksa so many minutes is so bad for this team.

We know Holzer will be out once they get back but I wonder who the other will be, hoping it is Bieksa but I am worried it will be Montour.

The other thing is not having Kesler is noticeable...  I love Rakell but he is not a physical, two way player, so last night when the Isles were flying all around in the first period, the Ducks didn't have their shut down line to slow things down and wear them out a little bit.

When Lindholm and Vatanen are back, only one of Beauch/Holzer/Bieska should play per game.  And I'd still rather take Megna over those three.

Just wild speculation here.  But when those two come back, I wonder if there was an agreement for Beauch to retire and join the coaching/front office?  He was thinking of retiring anyways, before the Ducks called.  Maybe he came back as a favor to hold the fort, since you really didn't know when the two would be back?  Bieska though should be released/traded/sent to the AHL.  And Holzer, why the heck did we sign him for 2 years, should be sent to the AHL.

Beauch is still a much better option than Bieksa and Holzer.  He is slow and gets beat, but is never out of position and blocks a lot of shots.  Those other two are terrible all around and never where they should be.

That said, having Bieksa and Holzer healthy scratches every game, and flipping between Megna and Beauch to keep Beauch fresh would be the best option.  Maybe Beauch every 3 games.

We know RC won't do that.  My guess is Bieksa and Beauch stay in and Holzer/Montour/Megna are on the bench because pro sports coaches love their over the hill vets.

My guess is after Vatanen plays a few weeks, they'll trade him, maybe they already have had a trade in the works waiting on Vatanen to prove he's healthy enough.

So what could they get ? Vatanen for a player thats flipped to Colorado for Duchene ?

Given Vatanen's history of injuries & never playing more than 71 games in a season, i'd bet the Ducks would have to add a draft pick to the deal.

I think they will trade him too.  Otherwise there is too much $ tied up with the D when you consider Manson's new contract.

Then again, Manson's contract kicks in when Bieksa leaves for the same $ so maybe not.

Since Kesler is out until Christmas or later, a big Center would be nice.  Put Rakell back at wing.

9 hours ago, Scioscia4MVP said:

My guess is after Vatanen plays a few weeks, they'll trade him, maybe they already have had a trade in the works waiting on Vatanen to prove he's healthy enough.

So what could they get ? Vatanen for a player thats flipped to Colorado for Duchene ?

Given Vatanen's history of injuries & never playing more than 71 games in a season, i'd bet the Ducks would have to add a draft pick to the deal.

Just looking at Colorado's stats.

Doosh 26 YO, 5'11", 195.  One year 70 points.  Another 67.  But he's more of a 50's type player.  Last year he saw a decrease, but by the looks of it, all the Lanche players did.  Corsi and Fenwick are about 50%, more on the north side, but not by much.  2 years $6 million left on his contract.

Land O Lakes 24/5 YO, 6'1", 215.  One year 65 points.  But he's more of a low 50's type player.  Again, last year a decrease.  Corsi and Fenwich are on the 50% side, a bit south.  4 years, $5.57 million left.

Mckinnon, 22 YO, 6'0", 205.  One year 63 points.  Two years low 50's.  One year 38 points.  Corsi and Fenwich are a bit south of 50%. 6 years, $6.3 million left.

Then you have Vatanen.  26 1/2 YO.  5'10", 187.  About a mid 30 point scorer.  Corsi and Fenwich is a bit north of 50%.  3 years, $4.875 million left.  

The big question is, will Colorado throw money in?  Because I can't see the Ducks making the deal without money trading hands.  Of course we can hope that Holzer (2/$900k) is thrown in the deal, which would make it closer.  In Land O Lakes situation, we'd gain a few k.  Overall points wise, they are all about the same.  Doosh and Mac are C and Land O Lakes is a LW.  

The other big question for the Ducks is Rakell.  Is he a C or a W?  If the Ducks think he is a C, then you have to go for Land O Lakes.  Personally, I like him more on the wing of Eaves and Getzlaf.  So that means C of Doosh or Mac. Mac has the age and contract length going for him.  Doosh the shorter term.  Points wise, all three of them are about the same, Dossh having a few points more, but not to the point where you would say he was dominating in that department.  

Personally, I think Vatanen is a fair trade straight up for any of the three.  But the Ducks would have to insist on the Lanche taking Holzer to at least make the deal financially doable.  With Doosh, we'd take a break in year 3.  With the other two, we'd feel it after year 2.  IMO, I like the financial security of Mac if he was a bit cheaper.  Doosh with 2 years left, unless he takes a cut, I don't see him with the Ducks in year 3.  Land O Lakes would be the fit if Rakell is going to be a C.  On the Lanche side, they have Johnson and Barrie.  After that, young and inexperienced, so Vatanen would be a fit with them.  

4 minutes ago, nate said:

You can't trade Vatanen and Holzer or you have no depth.  Until Larssen is good to go at least.

What are you talking about?

Fowler/Manson

Lindholm/Montour

Bieska/Beauchimin (uggg)

Backups Megna, Wellinski, Petterssen, Larsson

And you have Mahura that is at the Junior level. 

We have plenty of depth.  Larsson will eventually be a top pairing guy.  But even without Larsson, Megna and Wellinski are more than capable of the NHL.  So much so, Megna is still with the club and didn't look out of place at all, and Wellinski got last looks in camp.  I saw Petterssen play in preseason AHL, and he looked out of place and too good at the AHL level, so I'm sure he could make the jump also.  

I am pretty sure that if the Ducks felt that way they wouldn't have given Holzer that contract.  Also, Holzer right now is a guy that normally will play only when dudes are injured.  I think that might be their idea with Megna, but the other 3 are dudes they want to play every day.

If there are injuries again, the Ducks are in a bad spot.

5 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Just looking at Colorado's stats.

Doosh 26 YO, 5'11", 195.  One year 70 points.  Another 67.  But he's more of a 50's type player.  Last year he saw a decrease, but by the looks of it, all the Lanche players did.  Corsi and Fenwick are about 50%, more on the north side, but not by much.  2 years $6 million left on his contract.

Land O Lakes 24/5 YO, 6'1", 215.  One year 65 points.  But he's more of a low 50's type player.  Again, last year a decrease.  Corsi and Fenwich are on the 50% side, a bit south.  4 years, $5.57 million left.

Mckinnon, 22 YO, 6'0", 205.  One year 63 points.  Two years low 50's.  One year 38 points.  Corsi and Fenwich are a bit south of 50%. 6 years, $6.3 million left.

Then you have Vatanen.  26 1/2 YO.  5'10", 187.  About a mid 30 point scorer.  Corsi and Fenwich is a bit north of 50%.  3 years, $4.875 million left.  

The big question is, will Colorado throw money in?  Because I can't see the Ducks making the deal without money trading hands.  Of course we can hope that Holzer (2/$900k) is thrown in the deal, which would make it closer.  In Land O Lakes situation, we'd gain a few k.  Overall points wise, they are all about the same.  Doosh and Mac are C and Land O Lakes is a LW.  

The other big question for the Ducks is Rakell.  Is he a C or a W?  If the Ducks think he is a C, then you have to go for Land O Lakes.  Personally, I like him more on the wing of Eaves and Getzlaf.  So that means C of Doosh or Mac. Mac has the age and contract length going for him.  Doosh the shorter term.  Points wise, all three of them are about the same, Dossh having a few points more, but not to the point where you would say he was dominating in that department.  

Personally, I think Vatanen is a fair trade straight up for any of the three.  But the Ducks would have to insist on the Lanche taking Holzer to at least make the deal financially doable.  With Doosh, we'd take a break in year 3.  With the other two, we'd feel it after year 2.  IMO, I like the financial security of Mac if he was a bit cheaper.  Doosh with 2 years left, unless he takes a cut, I don't see him with the Ducks in year 3.  Land O Lakes would be the fit if Rakell is going to be a C.  On the Lanche side, they have Johnson and Barrie.  After that, young and inexperienced, so Vatanen would be a fit with them.  

i would aim for mckinnon, but would accept duschene. f*ck landeskog.

1 minute ago, gotbeer said:

Heberts new partner is just horrible.  Please bring back Frenchie.

Yeah, wtf is up with that.  The Rachel Dratch look alike is gone and Frenchie is doing interviews.

Also, hard to score when you spend half the period shorthanded...