• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official 2017-2018 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

2 hours ago, nate said:

Lots of promising news here... hopefully it holds up.  Didn't know Eaves participated in his first full practice.  http://www.ocregister.com/2017/10/08/getzlaf-could-return-monday-as-ailing-ducks-begin-to-heal/

Getting Hampus back will be huge too.

Sounds like Hampus will be back soon, he's not made of glass like Vatanen, since Vantanen has never played more than 71 games in a season.

To get shutout by the Flames is beyond embarrassing, they are a team that allows so many goals historicly & they couldn't even get one.

Mike Smith has been historicly below average to horrible for a very long time & he's now 35 & turns 36 in march.

This is like when the Angels get shutout by some 40 yearold throwing 85mph fastballs.

Get Getzlaf back and lose Kase.  Sure Kase isn't a top scorer but can't afford to lose any more forwards.

Megna was a huge improvement over Holzer, that is for sure.

They were all very sloppy last night though, so many turnovers, it was ugly.

2 hours ago, nate said:

Get Getzlaf back and lose Kase.  Sure Kase isn't a top scorer but can't afford to lose any more forwards.

Megna was a huge improvement over Holzer, that is for sure.

They were all very sloppy last night though, so many turnovers, it was ugly.

Mainly because it was only 2 maybe 3 lines that the Ducks were rolling out there.  And even Getzlaf looked like he was 60%.  Plus the lines were constantly shuffled.  I still don't get why Steel or Jones isn't looked at.  Seems like the opportune time for them to get some NHL experience before they go to their minor team, kind of like Larsson last season before he went to the Swedish league.  

I really liked Megna's play last night.  He never went fishing in the corners and left the middle of the ice wide open.  He was able to easily control the puck and quickly outlet it out.  Sure he doesn't have the offensive spark, but big stay at home defensemen that doesn't get beat, outskated, outpucked, outholzered, or outbieska'd is a good thing.  

Yea I mean Megna wasn't spectacular or anything, he looks pretty bad when he actually has the puck, and he turned it over a couple times, but at least he isn't in BFE in the defensive zone half the time like Holzer and Manson are.

Not to mention that a 12 year old cripple could muscle Holzer off the puck

Edited by nate

4 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Mainly because it was only 2 maybe 3 lines that the Ducks were rolling out there.  And even Getzlaf looked like he was 60%.  Plus the lines were constantly shuffled.  I still don't get why Steel or Jones isn't looked at.  Seems like the opportune time for them to get some NHL experience before they go to their minor team, kind of like Larsson last season before he went to the Swedish league.  

I really liked Megna's play last night.  He never went fishing in the corners and left the middle of the ice wide open.  He was able to easily control the puck and quickly outlet it out.  Sure he doesn't have the offensive spark, but big stay at home defensemen that doesn't get beat, outskated, outpucked, outholzered, or outbieska'd is a good thing.  

Steel and Jones just aren't ready for show.  Steel in particular imo needs to add some size to be effective in the NHL.  Both are so young.  They aren't going be impact players so there's not really any point in rushing them.  They both stand to benefit from development in the AHL. As it stands right now, they were both returned to their juniors teams.  They really are a couple of years at least from being regular contributors for the Ducks.  Good news is that Larsson is with the Gulls and playing professionally in the North American game.  He should transition quickly.  

And I was happy with Megna also.  He's just a very predicatable quantity.  Solid with few errors defensively.  It's really exactly what this D group needs.  I hope he forces his way into the line up every night. 

12 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

James Neal will butt fuck us.  100% guaranteed.  Put that in the bank. 

So going off the top of my head, the 100% guaranteed butt fucking is

Pikachu Nashville

Neal Vegas

Smith Flames (That goalie sucks, but he always seems to have our number, even when he was with Phoenix)

There has to be more.  I just can't think of them.  Quick isn't what he used to be.  Sharks nothing.  Arizona lost their kryptonite.  Avalanche was just fun to watch Roys head explode, but nothing much.  Dallas, Chicago, Detroit, St Louis, East coast nothing pops up.