• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official 2017-2018 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

16 hours ago, nate said:

Reports on Eaves are not super promising, kinda sounds like he will miss a lot of time, he isn't even skating yet.

how worthless.  the guy wasn't even around when we needed him last year.  they give him a contract and fucker doesn't even make it out of camp.  jesus christ.

4/$16 for Manson is still a movable contract.  There are teams that would love to trade for him.  But my bet is still that Vatanen gets traded when he can prove he is healthy.  Hopefully for the young Oman we need.  We just have too many mobile O oriented Dmen, and not enough stay at home Dmen that can own the crease.  

Also it being opening night.  Looks like Megna made the opening night roster.  It'll be interesting to see how he does if he gets the playing time.  He's another type that could be a very good stay at home dman.  

14 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

4/$16 for Manson is still a movable contract.  There are teams that would love to trade for him.  But my bet is still that Vatanen gets traded when he can prove he is healthy.  Hopefully for the young Oman we need.  We just have too many mobile O oriented Dmen, and not enough stay at home Dmen that can own the crease.  

Also it being opening night.  Looks like Megna made the opening night roster.  It'll be interesting to see how he does if he gets the playing time.  He's another type that could be a very good stay at home dman.  

Megna hopefully works out as that stay at home Dman.  I like him and think he has a good chance to stick as an important part of the D.  and I know some of you disagree with me ! but I like Manson and am happy with the extension.  GB is spot on here IMO.  If we can get a top 6 forward for Vatanen we need to do it ASAP.  Now that Eaves is apparently going to be sitting on the DL our forward core which already was not deep looks even worse.

Edited by UndertheHalo

1 minute ago, HaloCory22 said:

There's gonna be a lot of 2-1 games early on... Yikes. We're gonna be near Kings level scoring.

In Gibson we trust i guess.

I really would love to know if Bob's failure to get a forward is about him not wanting to move guys or other teams simply asking too much.  I have no idea.  With Colorado, the word is that they want the sun and stars for Duchene.  But i mean, Toronto has a glut of forwards.  D men are apparently in demand across the league.  It is baffling to me that he hasn't filled such a glaring hole. 

I get the risk with a Drouin deal for example.  But I think I would have still done it and just hoped to be able to retain him.  They could have cleared the salary to make him a competitive offer imo. 

1 minute ago, UndertheHalo said:

In Gibson we trust i guess.

I really would love to know if Bob's failure to get a forward is about him not wanting to move guys or other teams simply asking too much.  I have no idea.  With Colorado, the word is that they want the sun and stars for Duchene.  But i mean, Toronto has a glut of forwards.  D men are apparently in demand across the league.  It is baffling to me that he hasn't filled such a glaring hole. 

I get the risk with a Drouin deal for example.  But I think I would have still done it and just hoped to be able to retain him.  They could have cleared the salary to make him a competitive offer imo. 

Seeing as TB got Sergachev for Drouin.  And considering we really lost Shea for the sake of losing Stoner.  Shea or Montour for Drouin had to be talked about right?  

32 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Seeing as TB got Sergachev for Drouin.  And considering we really lost Shea for the sake of losing Stoner.  Shea or Montour for Drouin had to be talked about right?  

Presumably Theodore.  I think Montour has probably been regarded as untouchable.  The organization seems to really love him.  The Ducks predicament was pretty obvious right.  We could have just been getting fucked on talks.  Like I said before though.  Something seems off with Theodore.  It's sort of unbelievable how the Ducks completely seemed to turn away from him.  Now the thing with Vegas sending him to the minors.  I mean these things can be rationalized but I think it's super weird.  Theodore has been such a highly regarded prospect. 

Honestly I don't recall hearing about Sergachev before the Drouin trade.  I could have just missed on him (I don't really pay close attention to Canadiens prospects) I would have thought that Theodore would have pulled down the deal for us.  Maybe the Ducks figured there was more value in getting rid of Stoner ? Who knows.  I would think that if the Ducks offered Theodore it would have been enough to pull down Drouin. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

On 7/2/2017 at 2:52 PM, UndertheHalo said:

well, looks like we lost out on Marleau.  

Also looks like it's a good thing that they lost out.  Wow, huge deal for him.  Glad the Ducks didn't chase that shit.  

We'll see now.  Eric Stephens is tweeting that Marleau was plan A, but Murray apparently does have a plan B.  Who knows. 

Soooooooo.  About that plan B.  Bob ?

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

And Getzlaf is out tonight with a lower body injury 

I know its rushing him but without both Getzlaf & Kesler they have to give at least let Steel play a few games, even Chicago is letting its 2016 2nd round pick undersized prospect DeBrincat play in its opener.

Opening night roster could look like:

Ritchie/Rakell/Perry

Cogliano/Vermette/Silfverberg

Rasmussen/Shaw/Kase

Grant/Steel/Wagner.

Without Steel that will look alot worse.

Defensively:

Fowler/Montour

Megna/Manson

Beauchemin/Bieksa.

How long before Gibson kicks himself in the nuts & is out with a groin injury ?

1 hour ago, Scioscia4MVP said:

I know its rushing him but without both Getzlaf & Kesler they have to give at least let Steel play a few games, even Chicago is letting its 2016 2nd round pick undersized prospect DeBrincat play in its opener.

Opening night roster could look like:

Ritchie/Rakell/Perry

Cogliano/Vermette/Silfverberg

Rasmussen/Shaw/Kase

Grant/Steel/Wagner.

Without Steel that will look alot worse.

Defensively:

Fowler/Montour

Megna/Manson

Beauchemin/Bieksa.

How long before Gibson kicks himself in the nuts & is out with a groin injury ?

I don't think Steel contributes anything positive at this point.