• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official 2017-2018 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

On 9/27/2017 at 9:29 AM, UndertheHalo said:

vermette is useful as a bottom 3rd or 4th line player.  it just sucks that we have so many guys that are solidly 3rd or 4th line players at best.

i wish vermette played as terrible against the kings as all of you think he plays against everyone else. that dude always seems to give us trouble.

49 minutes ago, Tank said:

i wish vermette played as terrible against the kings as all of you think he plays against everyone else. that dude always seems to give us trouble.

Yea guys seem to have their teams. Don't get me wrong, I think he's a decent at what he does.  No one should expect him to light up the score board.  

Mostly I'm unhappy that they didn't get another good forward.  Some of my whining is definitley hyperbole. 

59 minutes ago, nate said:

Hopefully Manson got WAY better over the summer or the Ducks are fucked if they are expecting him to anchor the defense

Electro-shock therapy? Every time when he's asked during game film what he should do, zap him in the nuts if he answers "Go for the big hit coach!!!"

5 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Electro-shock therapy? Every time when he's asked during game film what he should do, zap him in the nuts if he answers "Go for the big hit coach!!!"

And the related getting spun in circles on dump ins

Now is the time for Murray to setup a 3 team trade involving Vatanen going to one team in exchange for something thats flipped to Colorado for Duchene.

They'll likely have to add some picks to the trade & possibly a mid tier prospect.

Line ideas with Duchene on roster while Eaves/Kesler are still injured:

Ritchie/Getzlaf/Kase

Cogliano/Duchene/Silfverberg

Rasmussen/Rakell/Perry - Rasmussen is a LH shot & 6'3 center, if he's better at faceoffs they could just have Rakell move to LW with Rasmussen taking the faceoffs.

Shaw/Vermette/Wagner

it could be much worse.

In 2 to 3 years their depth at center would be: Getzlaf/Duchene/Kesler/Steel

It's not about talent. It's about being Randy and Bob's kind of guy.

Yeah, 4 million a year. He's not worth that. Maybe 2 1/2. They're paying him for 'what he's going to become'. Just like Stoner.

The biggest plus the guy had going for him is what he provided for so little money. That's not the case any more.

A mediocre talent that brings the physical. Guys like that (Stoner, Jackman) aren't worth 4 million. Shoot, has Bieksa ever made 4 million a year?

If I was Rakell, I'd be pissed. Especially, after the hard time they gave him to get the contract he got.

Manson can skate faster than all those guys you mentioned, looking around the league there's quite alot of fans that'd love to have Manson on their roster.
Offensively the guy has some potential there as well & he's a late bloomer.

Looking at Manson's Corsi he's far from being horrible. Nothing like Bieska at all.

@Scioscia4MVP they just like him because he hits hard, he defends like Bieksa though.  Faster skaters blow right past him and he is often way out of position.

Go back and watch every goal conceded in last years' playoffs where he was on the ice, he was totally out of position on most of them.