• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official 2017-2018 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

https://www.nhl.com/ducks/news/pregame-line-combos-lineup-sheets-and-more-leading-into-tonights-game/c-291176076

Judging by line rushes, this will be the lineup that suits up tonight:

Nick Ritchie - Rickard Rakell - Kevin Roy
Alex Dostie - Dennis Rasmussen - Jared Boll
Max Comtois - Derek Grant - Logan Shaw
Jack Kopacka - Antoine Morand - Corey Tropp

Josh Mahura - Brandon Montour
Marcus Pettersson - Josh Manson
Jaycob Megna - Andy Welinski

Reto Berra
Olle Eriksson Ek

Looks like all the Dmen kids are going to get a look tonight. 

9 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Not a good start to the preseason so far.  1 goal, and giving up what, 11?  Sure no one has really played yet, but 1 goal is pretty bad.

I have a lot of doubts about this season but the preseason so far I wouldn't worry about.  Hardly anyone of the big club players have played.  Though it shows , that the idea that guys like Cogliano, Kase, and Wagner are parts of a "really strong" top 9 forward core is LoLz.  Anaheim calling said that btw.  We have serious depth issues at forward imo. 

Also,

Pretty solid evidence that Steel especially is not ready.  From what i understand, he's appeared pretty over matched.  Even at the inter team scrimmage on Monday.  Which is fine btw.  He's very young.  This is all great experience for him.  

Edited by UndertheHalo

5 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

I have a lot of doubts about this season but the preseason so far I wouldn't worry about.  Hardly anyone of the big club players have played.  Though it shows , that the idea that guys like Cogliano, Kase, and Wagner are parts of a "really strong" top 9 forward core is LoLz.  Anaheim calling said that btw.  We have serious depth issues at forward imo. 

Also,

Pretty solid evidence that Steel especially is not ready.  From what i understand, he's appeared pretty over matched.  Even at the inter team scrimmage on Monday.  Which is fine btw.  He's very young.  This is all great experience for him.  

Plus Reto Berra is a horrible goalie, 3 out of his 5 NHL seasons he had a .SV% below .898 including a .876 last season, the guy is like having an Empty net out there but without the extra skater.

At midpoint of training camp, Ducks’ roster starts to take form

Ducks coach Randy Carlyle may be putting some forward lines in place. Two were kept together in Saturday’s practice after their 4-2 exhibition win over the Kings, with Rickard Rakell centering wingers Andrew Cogliano and Jakob Silfverberg and Antoine Vermette between Nick Ritchie and Ondrej Kase.

Two that remain in camp are forward prospects Max Jones and Sam Steel, with both likely to play in Arizona. Jacob Larsson, who’s in the lead for an opening in the defense corps, figures to play against Vegas with Andy Welinski. Francois Beauchemin and Brandon Montour are being tried out as partners.

Oh, and in before the he's dinged up already crowd on Eaves.

3 on 3 Overtime is where they will get crushed even more so without Kesler.

What are their best options for 3 on 3 overtime based on speed + skill ? C Rakell / LW Cogliano / D Fowler & C Vermette / RW Silfverberg / D Montour

Instead we'll see Getzlaf & Perry out there to blow the game in 3 on 3  overtime. Every team knows that with the Ducks all you have to do is tie the game & beat them in 3 on 3 overtime when Getzlaf & Perry are out there.

This is where having Duchene would really help, they could have Duchene center one of the 3 on 3 lines & Kesler another when he returns.

9 hours ago, Scioscia4MVP said:

3 on 3 Overtime is where they will get crushed even more so without Kesler.

What are their best options for 3 on 3 overtime based on speed + skill ? C Rakell / LW Cogliano / D Fowler & C Vermette / RW Silfverberg / D Montour

Instead we'll see Getzlaf & Perry out there to blow the game in 3 on 3  overtime. Every team knows that with the Ducks all you have to do is tie the game & beat them in 3 on 3 overtime when Getzlaf & Perry are out there.

This is where having Duchene would really help, they could have Duchene center one of the 3 on 3 lines & Kesler another when he returns.

Getzlaf.  Drop pass to no one.  Breakaway for the other team.  Score.  

And not necessarily in OT.

The 3 on 3 is just a BS crap shoot.  Cam Fowler should presumably be a very good 3 on 3 piece with his skill set. Really any player that can beat a guy 1 on 1 should excel.  So Rakell, Silvferberg, Getzlaf.  The Ducks should do better then they do.  I thought they started doing a bit better towards the end of last year.  We'll see I guess.