• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official 2017-2018 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

It's not the prediction I would make either.  I think we'll have a tough time beating Edmonton for the division this year.  We'll see if they get the same preformance out of Talbot.  

The Ducks of course are a good team, but we'll need several things to break our way imo.  1st, we need Corey Perry to bounce back.  Hopefully he plays with a chip on his shoulder.  We should be able to see pretty early on how his skating looks and whether that injury was the cause of his issues last year.  

2nd we need a guy like Nick Ritchie to take another bigger step forward this year as he continues to develop his game.  I was satisfied with his play last year, but he's got the skill to be a top 1 or 2 line player.  If he can make that jump it would be a huge deal for the Ducks.  I'm looking for 25/20 from him.  45 points.  That's a goal within his grasp that would greatly help the look of the Ducks forward core.

3rd we need our young d men to have great years.  I'm sick of hearing about how great Lindholm is especially.  This guy needs to come back ready to play.  We don't need to wait 3 months for him to get his shit together.  I want him to be more physical in his own end and become the teams top d man.  

Finally we need to be healthy.  I'm concerned about Eaves and Gibson the most.  Gibson it sounds like has conditioning issues.  That's something he needs to be a pro and correct.  Eaves we'll depend on to be a mainstay on the top line with Getzlaf.  We'll see how it goes. 

In still hoping that at some point this season we get a guy to get Cogliano off the 2nd line.  Ideally we get a guy like Duchene.  But I'll take any competent top 6 forward now. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

Wow! Wouldn't it be great if we could win the Presidents trophy. That way in the offseason, each of the guys could have their day with it.

Oh wait, they don't do that do they. Maybe we should just treat the season as a preseason to the playoffs and not worry about getting the most points. Just get our team game to the highest level possible and our players reasonably rested and healthy.

3 Takeaways From Ducks' Prospect Showcase

Ducks hockey made its (unofficial) return this past weekend, as Anaheim’s rookie camp made its way up to San Jose to participate in the 2017 Prospect Showcase, where they felled the Arizona Coyotes and San Jose Sharks by a combined 11-2 score.

The final game of the Showcase is this Tuesday at noon Pacific against the Colorado Avalanche. Live stream can be found here.

Yea it was a great weekend for the organization.  Some really good showings from a lot of our guys and not just the blue chip ones.  Mahura and Peterson both really impressed apparently. The hype on Sam Steel is legit is seems also !  Jones is probably our 2nd best forward prospect also had a nice show case.  Future looking bright for the Ducklings !!

Edited by UndertheHalo

4 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

Fowler and Manson gonna be getting LOTS of ice.  

:-/ 

Do you think Steel gets 8 games in the NHL this year ?

I know Fowler isn't a Suter or Doughty but i believe he can play the same amount of ice time as them.

Larsson probably be getting a bit of ice time if i'm right that he makes the roster to start the season.

I think Fowler will have a career year in terms of points due to increased ice time leading to more chances to produce points:

Somewhere around 12G/36A.

7 minutes ago, Scioscia4MVP said:

I know Fowler isn't a Suter or Doughty but i believe he can play the same amount of ice time as them.

Larsson probably be getting a bit of ice time if i'm right that he makes the roster to start the season.

I think Fowler will have a career year in terms of points due to increased ice time leading to more chances to produce points:

Here is the problem I hear with Steel and Jones.  I didn't think they had this, but they said it again during the prospect showcase.  Both of them are too young to go to the AHL, so they will have to do their season at the junior level.  So since Kesler is going to be out for a while, I'd bring at least Steel up since he is a centerman I believe. 

1 hour ago, Scioscia4MVP said:

Fowler is a different type of player, I think it's not really fair to compare him to Doughty or Suter.  

Steel and Jones and really doubt get any ice in Anaheim this year.  The Ducks will appropriately not rush them.  Larson will probably play a little bit but the D core is pretty deep.  I doubt he'll stick. 

10 hours ago, nate said:

You could have said the same thing about Montour, but he stuck.  Larsson looks like he could be even better.

I mean, he may.  Montour is/was a much more accomplished player in the North American game.  Larsson hasn't played much, even at the AHL level.  Thats mostly why I say I doubt he'll play much with the Ducks this year.  He's apparently not far off though.  You may be right, maybe he does play his way into the line up.  I just wouldn't count on it.

As I understand it, the injury is not serious and should not be a factor come this October.

Edited by UndertheHalo

Ducks remain a wounded group as training camp opens

A lot of answers about the ducks injuries.  By the sounds of it, looks like Keslers injury was a lot more than what was let on.  And could explain what happened to him late in the playoffs.  I'm not sure I like moving Rakell to center.  He seemed a lot more dangerous as a winger.  That Rakell/Getzlaf/Eaves line was pretty potent.