• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official 2017-2018 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

2 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Deadline Primer: Montreal Canadiens

Everything is saying the Canadiens want a future top center or top pair defenseman.  So, would you you trade Montour for Pacioretty and Schlemko or Benn?

I’d consider it.  I’m all for a big shake up.  Obviously try and avoid trading Montour.  But I’d pay a steep price in terms of picks and prospects.  Even Steel. 

Like I said before, I’m not interested in half measures that are just going to deplete depth.  Go get a real difference maker or forget it. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

36 minutes ago, nate said:

I would rather not make a huge trade and wait the season out to dump Carlyle.  Let the new coach build the team.

The more I think about it, at this point, we should sell what we aren't going to keep next season.  

While Max would be good.  Giving up a lot for him won't change our playoff picture.  Unless we get Max and Eaves comes back strong, I just don't see it making us a clear favorite over Vegas, or Kryptonite, or even the Jets.  

2 hours ago, gotbeer said:

The more I think about it, at this point, we should sell what we aren't going to keep next season.  

While Max would be good.  Giving up a lot for him won't change our playoff picture.  Unless we get Max and Eaves comes back strong, I just don't see it making us a clear favorite over Vegas, or Kryptonite, or even the Jets.  

yea, but not doing anything doesn't either.  Carlyle sucks, but this isn't all about him.  the ducks lack the talent and have lacked the talent to go over the top.  Consider what a disaster allowing the Kings to get Pacioretty would be.  This is apparently a possibility.  I like our chances a lot better with him then without.  Not doing anything is getting worse. The Ducks wont get a better player in FA.  We don't have an impact player like that waiting in the minors.  You have to make your move when the move is there to be made.  If montreal moves him now there is no offseason to make a play on him.  He's off the market.  Buffalo will move Kane today.  The Ducks either need to push and go for it or just start tearing down and rebuilding.  its not going to get better next season.  

Edited by UndertheHalo

4 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

yea, but not doing anything doesn't either.  Carlyle sucks, but this isn't all about him.  the ducks lack the talent and have lacked the talent to go over the top.  Consider what a disaster allowing the Kings to get Pacioretty would be.  This is apparently a possibility.  I like our chances a lot better with him then without.  Not doing anything is getting worse. The Ducks wont get a better player in FA.  We don't have an impact player like that waiting in the minors.  You have to make your move when the move is there to be made.  If montreal moves him now there is no offseason to make a play on him.  He's off the market.  Buffalo will move Kane today.  The Ducks either need to push and go for it or just start tearing down and rebuilding.  its not going to get better next season.  

But what I'm saying is that even if you get Kane, or Max.  The probability of us getting rolled in the first round is the same with them or without them.  Either of them won't suddenly make us favorites to get to the SC.  Sure, anything could happen in the playoffs.  But for the Ducks, rolling out the cones, I really don't like our chances unless we make a lot of trades.  And if we make a lot of trades, we really are sacrificing our future for probably a 5% increase in our chances to win a series.  

I would truthfully rather just trade Vermette, maybe Grant, and if we can make a good hockey trade, Silfverberg.  I'd release the two other cones and call up Megna, Wellinski, and even Larsson and see if there is chemistry with Montour or Fowler for any of them.  Same could be said with Petersson.  Then you'd have a much better idea on what needs to be done in the offseason.  

15 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Jackets traded for Cole.  So they don't even need Johnson now.  I really don't think we should spend resources on Johnson, and considering he is looking for around $5 million in FA'cy, he'd be a rental at best.  Jackets used a 3rd to get Cole.  I'd say no more than a 5th for Johnson.  Because frankly, if the choice was between Cole and Johnson as rentals, I'd hands down pick Cole.