• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official 2017-2018 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

On 11/9/2017 at 10:14 AM, Thomas said:

Well except that the Ducks when healthy go from AHL level to pretty darn elite. In a wide open season like this one they have as good a chance as many teams, if they can get themselves into the playoffs. The Angels have no such switch, nor could they possibly ever be that healthy.

As far as getting into the sport, live is essential. I'm boned where I am. But for you I'd recommend catching some games at Ontario.

You too.

On 11/8/2017 at 9:27 AM, krAbs said:

I've never watched hockey, in person or on TV. So naturally I was at the game last night. Seemed like the Ducks just wore themselves out early, and by the end the Kings were just skating circles around them. Frustrating to watch the overtime - its hard to score when you have worse puck control AND are moving more slowly. Also, again I don't watch hockey, but...is it a new thing that the Ducks look horrible for power plays?

Still, fun game to be at.

It's real simple bud. Put Ontario in your right hand and San Diego in your left. Ontario is no San Diego.

As far as the Ducks, these guys on the forum are just venting and entertaining each other. The Ducks (as the team they are at present) are basically where they are in the standings - a point a game team. They've had better games and worse. But at this point it's obvious they are getting tougher rather than regressing to a defeated attitude. When Kessler gets back you'll see them move into a playoff position before the season is over.

1 hour ago, Tank said:

my apologies, amigo.

btw, that 2013 playoff logo is still looking sweet.

Lazy is as lazy does.

Actually, that's the point from which fans (and some analysts) started predicting us to go to the finals.

It just dawned on me. Is that the year the kings won the cup?

13 hours ago, deepdrive said:

Lazy is as lazy does.

Actually, that's the point from which fans (and some analysts) started predicting us to go to the finals.

It just dawned on me. Is that the year the kings won the cup?

No, we sandwiched around it in 12 and 14.

i hear ya on the lazy part...

Having Beauch back he has obviously lost a step or three, but watching him play reminds me of how good he is at that home run stretch pass, blocking shots, and that pitching wedge clear out of the D zone.

Meanwhile the Ducks are still getting torched but at least they are turning it around a little bit.  Uphill battle though.

2 hours ago, nate said:

I am so tired of the Ducks getting fucked by the refs

Totally, the final score reads 2-1 the Refs over the Ducks, if they had called that tripping penalty the 2nd goal wouldn't have been allowed & have given them the lead, then if they had negated their mistake by ruling a goal was scored against Vavissviisky it would have at least been a tie game, puck was stuck on his leg pad & his pad went way over the goal line & then his pad goes back over the other way. I'm guessing maybe the Refs wanted to get out early instead of an overtime game.

Montour definitely scored but by the rule they made the right call.  The puck was obscured by the pad.  Shitty that they don’t allow common sense to come into play. 

And the Vatanen thing was a ridiculously bad break for us.  That was definitely a penalty.  Just wasn’t in the cards unfortunately.  Also, to be fair, for most of the game it was entirely Gibson keeping us in it.  On the broadcast they mentioned that the Ducks have had 3 prior games where zero penalties have been call against their opponents.  I don’t know how that’s even possible 1 month into the season.  Pretty fucking bullshit.  TB ended up with a penalty but still. 

Today's the day folks.  Oh, and for old times sakes.

https://twitter.com/AnaheimDucks/status/929834636791783424/video/1

https://www.si.com/nhl/2017/11/12/paul-kariya-teemu-selanne-legengs-game-video

Selanne made a nifty between-the-legs dish to his old running mate, and Kariya promptly sniped one past their one-time goalie Jean-Sebastien Giguere.

Edited by gotbeer