• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official 2017-2018 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

54 minutes ago, nate said:

Going to need to save 50 just to win.

Yep.  There can be no doubt that Gibson has been our best player early on.  We’ll need him to continue to be while the Ducks get their shit together. 

Also, at what point do we start wondering about what exactly Bob Murray is doing as this teams window closes.  

Edited by UndertheHalo

I’ll answer my own question.  Bob Murray is doing jackk shit it seems like to me.  That guy has gotten a 3 year pass since his GM of the year award.  Enough of that already.  He’s categorically failed to fill the holes the Ducks have and he repeatedly makes horrible “veteran” player acquisitions.  He did noting to avert the expansion draft loss of Theodore.  I know that’s not all on him, but really he had time to do something and did nothing.  When was the last time one of his deals actually worked out well for the Ducks ? The Bobby Ryan trade ? Any GM can retain players they already have and the Ducks have always had good scouting.  Before Bob Murray.  He allowed a team that was in the conference finals to come into the season in fucking shambles.  F- effort as far as I’m concerned. 

1 hour ago, UndertheHalo said:

I’ll answer my own question.  Bob Murray is doing jackk shit it seems like to me.  That guy has gotten a 3 year pass since his GM of the year award.  Enough of that already.  He’s categorically failed to fill the holes the Ducks have and he repeatedly makes horrible “veteran” player acquisitions.  He did noting to avert the expansion draft loss of Theodore.  I know that’s not all on him, but really he had time to do something and did nothing.  When was the last time one of his deals actually worked out well for the Ducks ? The Bobby Ryan trade ? Any GM can retain players they already have and the Ducks have always had good scouting.  Before Bob Murray.  He allowed a team that was in the conference finals to come into the season in fucking shambles.  F- effort as far as I’m concerned. 

If the decision to keep Bieksa partially had to do with the locker room & not upsetting certain players, they should have signed Beauchemin much sooner & gave the players a choice between Beauchemin & Bieksa, given Beauchemin's history with the players I'd bet the players would prefer seeing Bieksa being bought out over Beauchemin being benched.

Even with the injuries they are better off without Bieksa out there, with Beauchemin getting more playing time, Murray could tell Bieksa that regardless of the injuries he isn't going to get much playing time & they want to trade him, maybe to the Canucks where he might want to retire after the seasons over. He might waive his NMC to go retire a Canuck especially if the Ducks are not going to play him in the playoffs at all when everyone is healthy. I bet the Ducks will make the playoffs, the pacific is already lost but they should be the 2nd or 3rd place team by the time seasons over, the team has too much fight in them to give up in October.

11 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

You all keep saying this but you have offered no alternatives.

You are blaming 7 regular starters being out for injury on the GM?

The NHL has a salary cap, you can't just keep buying players to fill holes for players with injuries that will only be out a month or two.

I’m aware that there’s a salary cap.  It’s his job to figure out how to build the team.  He’s had prospect currency and has been unable to get the players we need to get the team over the hump.  It really has felt like we’ve been 1 good forward away for several years now.  They can’t keep wasting years with Getzlaf and Kesler.  There’s an urgency here.  It’s sort of becoming a now or never scenario.  I’m aware that my being unreasonable about the injuries right now.  Im sort of rage venting.  

It just seems like he won’t take his shot.  

Also, I’m extremely frustraed with Patrick Eaves.  What the shit is wrong with that guy.  

8 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

I’m aware that there’s a salary cap.  It’s his job to figure out how to build the team.  He’s had prospect currency and has been unable to get the players we need to get the team over the hump.  It really has felt like we’ve been 1 good forward away for several years now.  They can’t keep wasting years with Getzlaf and Kesler.  There’s an urgency here.  It’s sort of becoming a now or never scenario.  I’m aware that my being unreasonable about the injuries right now.  Im sort of rage venting.  

It just seems like he won’t take his shot.  

Also, I’m extremely frustraed with Patrick Eaves.  What the shit is wrong with that guy.  

8 hours ago, nate said:

You all keep saying this but you have offered no alternatives.

You are blaming 7 regular starters being out for injury on the GM?

The NHL has a salary cap, you can't just keep buying players to fill holes for players with injuries that will only be out a month or two.

You both make great points, i'd go with they've been missing that one other forward, with the prospect pool they shoulda acquired Duchene & including draft picks to get the deal done, if it takes a future 1st round pick it might be a risk worth taking if they want to win now.

13 hours ago, nate said:

The fact that nobody has acquired Duchene tells me that he isn't available yet.

They have to pay Silf coming up too.  Hard to find the money.  Especially with so much money tied up already.

I agree with Nate.  This team has won what, the last 5 Pacific titles.  You have to at some point blame the players for not getting the job done.  We should have beaten Nashville the last 2 seasons, and yet the players did not.  Blackhawks thought we were the toughest opponent in the Stanley Cups, and yet the players could not beat them.  We got Eaves last season, and he was the absolute best trade pickup of any person that was traded.  We have great defensive depth.  2/3 of our #1 line is out.  Our center of the #2 line is out.  I really don't know of any team that can lose that much, and say no problem we have 2 extra #1/2 centers, and a guy that can be our #1 wing.  

IMO, right now, this is tryouts, of who stays and who goes when people get healthy.  Again, IMO, Megna and Grant have shown that when people come back, they should stay.  Guys like Rasmussen, Boll, Wagner and needless to say Holzer, Bieska, though look to be pure filler material healthy scratches or sent down to SD.  

Eaves isn't going on the trip, sounds like he is out for a long time.  GMBM took a chance on this one and it looks bad.  Still, not sure who else was out there for the same $ and honestly the Ducks paid him like a second line winger because of his injury history.

I agree Megna has played well.  Grant has been ok but not great.  It is hard to evaluate him though when he is playing with a bunch of schmucks.

Really need Silf to snap out of it, he is not playing well at all and same with Rakell other than the first couple games.

On 10/20/2017 at 10:00 PM, UndertheHalo said:

your team has won the pacific 5 straight years. maybe other teams don't want to trade good players to you.

this isn't all on your team's gm. 

gotbeer,

I think you should take Wagner off your list. He's actually looked pretty good for a bottom 6 winger. 

And, I think you keep Grant because (1) he's done ok for a 4th line center, (2) he's the best we have until Kesler comes back, and (3) when Kesler does come back, it's better to keep Grant at 4th line center and move Rakell to wing (and keep Wagner at wing). That being said, you have to probably keep Rasmusssen. So...  He probably goes to SD.                                                            I know you said keep Grant. I just wanted to point out the third reason I think you keep him - which I consider more important, especially with our need for offense.

1 hour ago, Tank said:

your team has won the pacific 5 straight years. maybe other teams don't want to trade good players to you.

this isn't all on your team's gm. 

I don't think the Eastern conference cares and the Central is removed enough that they are just looking for the best deal for themselves. I get your point, but I think the Ducks aren't at much of a disadvantage. 

A lot of talent has moved in the last 8 years. The Ducks haven't been able or willing make many big deals. I think it's been more their choice than their situation.