• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Angels with and without Trout

16 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

Let's do some math. Current record: 33-33, or 66 games. 162 - 66 = 96 games remaining. 72 final season wins - 33 current wins = 39 more wins. 96 remaining games - 39 wins = 57 remaining losses.

So you believe the Angels will go 39-57 the rest of the way, or a .406 winning percentage. That's a 65-97 pace. Pretty bleak prediction there, Farmbuildingfan. I think a more moderate negative outlook is that they win 45% of their remaining games, which gets them to 76-86.  At this point I think the range of realistic outcomes is 75-85 wins. 75 if they have bad luck with injury recovery and the team plays more to expected form; 85 if they have good luck with injuries and they play to potential. 85 wins would mean 52-44 (.542) the rest of the way, which is possible if a bit optimistic.

The realistic upside is about 78 wins.

I predict 72 wins because I don't think the patch work pitching staff will continue to over achieve, and I expect Trout to be out another six weeks..

With a healthy Trout, I think a 78 win season is very realistic, but his absence has already cost the Angels three wins, and will likely cost them at least six more before he returns, Hence the 72 win total instead of 78

Any game the Angels lose by one run  would be a likely win with Trout. Two run losses about 50/50.

Just now, CaliAngel said:

With Trout: Bearable to watch when Trout is batting as involved in a play.

Without Trout: Absolutely unbearable.

Dude we get it, you're that guy.  The team has a winning record without him, so it's basically been the same thing.