• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Trade Candidate: Christian Yelich

Chuck

On 6/8/2017 at 3:02 PM, Lou said:

What you've neglected to mention is that it takes 4 or 5 of our prospects to come anywhere near most any other organization's top 2 prospects. 

Of course this is true, which is what a implied.

I will not be convinced that Moreno wants to build until I start seeing him get three prospects each from a couple organizations in return for a player or two on the ML roster.

11 minutes ago, Farmbuildingfan said:

I will not be convinced that Moreno wants to build until I start seeing him get three prospects each from a couple organizations in return for a player or two on the ML roster.

That's dumb.  I'll believe they are building a farm when they continue to draft well and don't trade them away for rentals, in other words what they've been doing. 

15 hours ago, Stradling said:

That's dumb.  I'll believe they are building a farm when they continue to draft well and don't trade them away for rentals, in other words what they've been doing. 

You actually do not expect Moreno to trade his best prospect for rentals?

i sure hope you are right.

Let's hope this leopard can change his spots, but I will need a longer time frame to convince me that Moreno is serious about building the farm

If his best prospects are still Angels in three years, you just might have me convinced.

I am not as optimistic.

Now if he starts trading for some prospects, without giving up even more of his own prospects, I might be convinced even sooner.

15 minutes ago, Farmbuildingfan said:

You actually do not expect Moreno to trade his best prospect for rentals?

i sure hope you are right.

Let's hope this leopard can change his spots, but I will need a longer time frame to convince me that Moreno is serious about building the farm

If his best prospects are still Angels in three years, you just might have me convinced.

I am not as optimistic.

Now if he starts trading for some prospects, without giving up even more of his own prospects, I might be convinced even sooner.

You are missing the fact that he has already changed his spots.  Also there's no reason to have your prospects in three years.  If you can turn those prospects into guys like Simmons, then you've probably improved your team.  

On 6/10/2017 at 2:28 AM, nando714 said:

Arte could have spent if he chose to. He has the money. Yes we could have been a little bit better

Just hope they're more competitive in the coming years. 

They dodged some bullets on that Heyward FA class.   The may be better off they didn't spend on some of the bigger ticket items people wanted.  

20 minutes ago, Farmbuildingfan said:

Let's hope this leopard can change his spots, but I will need a longer time frame to convince me that Moreno is serious about building the far

What did his spots look like when Stoneman was the GM and the team never traded away prospects.  It's popular to bag on Moreno, but at some point do the GMs get any blame?  You have to figure Arte's spots were the same then as they are now -- the difference being the GM had a different idea what he wanted to do.  I personally don't want Arte to stop wanting to win or being willing to spend to a certain level, but I do hope he's found a GM he trusts and who is actually good at putting a team together.  

On 6/8/2017 at 2:51 PM, Farmbuildingfan said:

Moreno is more likely to trade his top four or five prospects than any other team is to trade their top two or three.

The Marlins therefore might trade with the Angels because Moreno is willing to part with more prospects than other organizations.

I am sure the Marlins know that the Angels are a "win now" organization that will never be in a building mode with Moreno in charge.

I will give you four or five guys from our future, you give me one or two for the present.

I want the Angels to be sellers, but I expect them to .be buyers. 

Moreno is no longer involved in trades or free agent aquisitions. He has turned over the team development to Eppler and this just doesn't sound like an Eppler move. Too many players for one, I don't think the economics works for the Angels at this time.

25 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

They dodged some bullets on that Heyward FA class.   The may be better off they didn't spend on some of the bigger ticket items people wanted.  

That free agent class flopped pretty badly. Heyward has done a dead cat bounce from 2016 but is still dead. An 88 ops+ is not a $28 million dollar player investment. He is Young enough to try and get back to his career average but even that wasn't a $184 million dollar player. The Cubs acted foolishly.

16 hours ago, Farmbuildingfan said:

Who on this roster not named Trout will a contender give up three good prospects for ? ( he's not trading Simmons) 

EDIT: which TWO players will TWO teams trade for?

Edited by Lou

17 hours ago, Farmbuildingfan said:

No, you didn't imply that at all. 

On 6/11/2017 at 11:42 AM, Lou said:

No, you didn't imply that at all. 

Re read my first line.

I said 4 to 5 prospects instead of 2 to 3.

The implication is that with less perceived quality, other teams will command greater numbers from the Angels to increase the probability that the prospects will pan out.