• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Fister Update

Also, Fister was battling his command again last night. I figure he makes one more start in AAA before his promotion. 

As far as who Fister takes over for, it'll be Chavez initially, with Pounders going down to AAA, but once Bedrosian comes back, the Angels are going to have some uncomfortable decisions to make. They'll either be forced to cut Chavez loose, or demote someone with options like Middleton or Meyer, both of which are throwing the ball extremely well right now.

My guess is Chavez won't be with the team past the all-star break.

Chavez may have the slightest bit of trade value if he can put up a solid couple of weeks. He's not going to fetch anything north of a recently DFA'ed player, a AAAA player, or a fringe prospect, but his ability to work in rotation or relief could come in handy for a team just needing a band-aid, a la Chacin for us last year. 

Think they're going to see it through with Nolasco. 

8 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Chavez may have the slightest bit of trade value if he can put up a solid couple of weeks. He's not going to fetch anything north of a recently DFA'ed player, a AAAA player, or a fringe prospect, but his ability to work in rotation or relief could come in handy for a team just needing a band-aid, a la Chacin for us last year. 

Think they're going to see it through with Nolasco. 

Nolasco is that inning eater a team with injuries like ours has to have on hand. I'd love it if he weren't necessary.

20 minutes ago, Scotty@AW said:

Also, Fister was battling his command again last night. I figure he makes one more start in AAA before his promotion. 

As far as who Fister takes over for, it'll be Chavez initially, with Pounders going down to AAA, but once Bedrosian comes back, the Angels are going to have some uncomfortable decisions to make. They'll either be forced to cut Chavez loose, or demote someone with options like Middleton or Meyer, both of which are throwing the ball extremely well right now.

My guess is Chavez won't be with the team past the all-star break.

All I could find on Bedrosian is nothing since he was shut down again. I'm guessing we won't see him until mid-July at the earliest.

40 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Just make sure that Nolasco doesn't reach 200 innings this season.    Currently on pace for about 180 innings

Knowing Mike Scioscia he'll throw a no hitter and then he'll skip a start with general soreness. Ultimately being put on the 60 day dl with Tommy John.

57 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Just make sure that Nolasco doesn't reach 200 innings this season.    Currently on pace for about 180 innings

Yep. Or go to a 6-man rotation like the Mets are now doing. 

45 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Yeah. I don't want to see Chavez or Nolasco in our rotation next season. 

Next season is a bit of a concern nonetheless. Pitchers typically aren't in top form in their first year back from surgery. So it could end up being a rough year for Heaney and Tropeano. 

Fully healthy and functional, Richards, Heaney, Skaggs, Shoe, Tropeano, Meyer, Long and Barria is playoff caliber depth.