• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Stanton + Ozuna/Yellich Trade Bait

The Marlins are offering up Yellich, Ozuna, and Realmuto (and probably Stanton too).  If a team was willing to take on most of Stanton's ridiculous contract they might be able to also get Yellich or Ozuna without giving up too many prospects.  Similar to the way the Dodgers took on Beckett and Crawford so they could get Adrian Gonzalez. 

Pay the money and send Calhoun and Maybin in return. Thoughts?

(that Stanton contract is REDiculous)

6 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Hate to say it, but i think 100 percent he ends up a dodger. Makes too much sense.

Yup - seems like it's been scripted to go that way one day. Would be something to have him here but the costs would be enormous on so many levels.

I'd have to give some heavy thought towards prying Yelich or Ozuna away with some pitching. Not sure we'd match but I'd listen to just about any one of our arms.

1 minute ago, Inside Pitch said:

Agreed -- not sure the commish would let them do it to be honest -- the whole thought process being that removing their best players brings down the value of the club ..   

While saying this I do remember Chris Paul being traded while the team was owned by the League. Fortunately for the NBA though, they can rig their draft to compensate for the NO organization, a little bit harder to do in baseball...

Yelich is under control for outrageously good prices through 2022. You're looking to trade one legit MLB starting player and 2 top 50 prospects, which the Angels don't have. Stanton comes at a very big price and I don't envision the Angels going that way. Ozuna makes some sort of sense but he's also a free agent after 2018, which means you're looking to trade away a couple of very nice pieces for a short term play. I doubt any of the 3 end up in Anaheim but Ozuna is the one guy who might make some sense.