• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Ok, so, we fire Scioscia and then...

Please anyone but Erstad.  Don't want another hard nosed swing happy manager.  Want someone that understands advanced statistics and the quality of taking pitches.  The ability to adjust to your opponent.

Yeah its a knee jerk reaction when you fire a manager with two losing seasons out of thirteen. I for one don't like what has happened this year but I am not convinced the blame lies entirely on Scioscia. I more or less blame Butcher, Eppard and Piccolo. 

Yeah its a knee jerk reaction when you fire a manager with two losing seasons out of thirteen. I for one don't like what has happened this year but I am not convinced the blame lies entirely on Scioscia. I more or less blame Butcher, Eppard and Piccolo. 

His team has also missed the playoffs 3 years in a row, and is off to one of the worst starts in franchise history this year. "Losing seasons" (he has had 3 of them by the way) aren't just about the record. When you have this kind of payroll and expectations, not making the playoffs is a "losing season".

Is this all Mike's fault? Of course not. No one is, or should be, suggesting that. The point is after missing the playoffs for 3 straight years, and looking like they could miss the playoffs for a 4th, something has to change. We've been over these arguments on this board ad nauseam so I don't feel like dragging out another one. But saying that firing him would be "knee jerk" is silly. Firing him after 2010 would have been knee jerk. Firing him after 2010, 2011, 2012, and so far, 2013, is not.

Please anyone but Erstad.  Don't want another hard nosed swing happy manager.  Want someone that understands advanced statistics and the quality of taking pitches.  The ability to adjust to your opponent.

I got the perfect guy. Tony Phillips!!! Who understands working a count better than that guy and he played practically every position on the field. Hiring a former crack head has worked wonders in Texas so get it done Jerry!!!

Firing Sosh right now would probably add even more pressure to perform which isn't what this team needs right now.  Sosh is the captain of this ship and will sink or sail with it.  If changes are to be made, it will be during the off-season.  As for who, that's the million dollar question.  It would more than likely be someone without much managerial experience at the MLB level, if any at all.