• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Why not Howie

It's not really about Howie ... I just used him as a example as a expensive difference maker in our lineup. We also have some ties with Philly. 

Angels have invested roughly $200M and thousands of man hours in this season. Even when Trout returns the team is in need of a impact bat. Why not now ... waiting for Trouts return is likely to late. 

Hoping Eppler feels the same way. Writing off the season this early is just wrong. 

1 hour ago, Troll Daddy said:

It's not really about Howie ... I just used him as a example as a expensive difference maker in our lineup. We also have some ties with Philly. 

Angels have invested roughly $200M and thousands of man hours in this season. Even when Trout returns the team is in need of a impact bat. Why not now ... waiting for Trouts return is likely to late. 

Hoping Eppler feels the same way. Writing off the season this early is just wrong. 

He's not expensive and he's not a real difference maker.  He's making $5 million a year. So when acquired that team will owe $3 million or less. 

Just now, Troll Daddy said:

Beg your pardon ... not a difference maker

Have you seen our lineup? 

If that is your defenintion if a difference maker then 80% of the league is at this point.  Until guys like Espinosa and Valbuena start producing. 

8 minutes ago, Stradling said:

If that is your defenintion if a difference maker then 80% of the league is at this point.  Until guys like Espinosa and Valbuena start producing. 

He was used as a example ... and yes he'd be a difference maker in our lineup. You've given up on the season ... please don't respond to my post.

tyvm

6 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I haven't given up on this season but I won't mortgage future seasons for a rental in the first week of June, when there are so many pieces misfiring. Giving up on the season is to be in favor of a fire sale now. 

Who said anything about mortgaging the future.  He honest ... you have given up.

Howie would definitely make some sense on this team but he might be limited to LF/1B duties at this point. His numbers defensively were not pretty at 2B in 2015 and 2016. I do wonder if he's a potential LF option for 2017 considering that's just one of many holes that will need to be filled and Howie will represent a cheaper option to allow funds to be allocated elsewhere. 

17 minutes ago, Stradling said:

My bad he was activated a couple days ago.  The article I saw said he was on the DL on the 29th, I figured it meant he was placed on the DL the 29th, not activated that day. 

Again, I'm using him as a example. He played a lot of second base in 2016. He can probably play second base better than Escobar can play third base. 

• 2 months later...

Howie, actually, was pretty solid for the Halos - his entire career here -- and he hit well for the Dodgers as well.

Sort of was upset when he was 'banned' to Philadelphia -- nice to see him back with a contender and contributing.

At this point in his career, if Howie can stay healthy, he can really help some teams...........always liked Howie. Always root for him

Not too upset he hit two dingers vs. the Halos tonight.