• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Now Maybin is out...

Chuck

28 minutes ago, stormngt said:

Five starting pitchers our.  Top three relievers out.  Best player in baseball out.

Has Seattle been hit with the injury bug worse than the Angels?

It wasn't meant in the most literal sense - point was more intended to show that Dipoto again built a team with shitty depth, and also seems to have a penchant for building fragile teams.

But, I'd say losing Paxton, Smyly, Iwakuma, and Felix is pretty comparable to what we have sustained, if not worse as Paxton has been more dominant than any Angels pitcher in recent times and the others have been as productive recently, if not more so, than our current DL rotation. Cishek, Zych, and Simmons were all supposed to be key parts of the pen and they've missed time, and Whalen, Scribner, and Weber all represented pen depth that they've needed in this stretch, and they've missed time. Bedrosian has been a big loss, but I can't see how Street and Bailey are head and shoulders above what they've lost.

No one will ever equal Mike Trout, but they've been without Haniger for awhile (and he was on fire) as well as Segura and Cano for periods of time, both of whom are putting in offensive seasons far above what any of our other hitters are doing. 

Obviously some of the timelines were less severe than what we suffered, but they've been hit pretty damn hard too.

3 hours ago, CALZONE said:

Sure we've had some injuries but let's be real, Trout was having one of the greatest seasons in history but the rest on the lineup is atrocious. Maybin, Valbuena, Espinosa, Cron, Calhoun are all front line players that failed miserably to give Trout some support. The pitching has been pretty good without Richards and Skaggs. 

Espinosa, Valbuena, Cron, Maybin and even Calhoun are not frontline players. 

Maybin of the entire group has been solid over the past 5 weeks, Valbuena missed a month or so, but yeah. Cron, Calhoun, Espinosa and Valbuena have been garbage. 

Can that really continue? 

1 hour ago, Chuckster70 said:

Espinosa, Valbuena, Cron, Maybin and even Calhoun are not frontline players. 

Maybin of the entire group has been solid over the past 5 weeks, Valbuena missed a month or so, but yeah. Cron, Calhoun, Espinosa and Valbuena have been garbage. 

Can that really continue? 

This team was on life support with Trout. It's a huge reach to expect this group of mostly castaways to ever put together a championship run. Better days ahead. They just need to do a lot of house cleaning.

6 hours ago, CALZONE said:

Sure we've had some injuries but let's be real, Trout was having one of the greatest seasons in history but the rest on the lineup is atrocious. Maybin, Valbuena, Espinosa, Cron, Calhoun are all front line players that failed miserably to give Trout some support. The pitching has been pretty good without Richards and Skaggs. 

Every time you lump Maybin in with the underperformers you show your ignorance. 

On 5/30/2017 at 7:48 PM, JustATroutFan said:

What damage has Scioscia done? Pretty sure he wasn't the one who signed Pujols, Hamilton, Blanton, Burnett, Madson, among many others. And not to mention the Wells trade that did not worked out well at all. Am I missing another bad trade?

you can't put much stock in anything ANAHEIMEEYORE says here.

#onetrickpony

Just now, CALZONE said:

I guess the 5 GM's that sent him packing share my ignorance. I'm not going to check but has he ever played a full season of MLB baseball? 

It still doesn't mean he hasn't been good this year.  He's on pace for over a 4 Win season.  If you expect more for the cost not only in terms of dollars but prospect given up, that is truly a you issue. 

6 hours ago, CALZONE said:

I guess the 5 GM's that sent him packing share my ignorance. I'm not going to check but has he ever played a full season of MLB baseball? 

God you are dense..  

You want to use the fact that 5 GMs traded him away to validate your ignorant narrative.... Meanwhile you ignore the fact that 5 GMs traded for him.   Your own process renders your argument null ... a fact made even more clear when you consider three of the GMs that traded him away -- also traded FOR him. 

1 minute ago, DropOfAnaheim said:

You must not have been watching some of his bone headed moves since 2002 in the play offs, but keep smelling 2002 championship farts blowing in the wind. 

And keep pretending he does more harm than good.  

2 minutes ago, Stradling said:

And keep pretending he does more harm than good.  

In the playoffs, I have zero faith in the man. From bullpen management, to match ups, he is antiquated and stale in my opinion. If making the playoffs once every 5 years with the best player in the game, and a big payroll is acceptable, then I guess the manager has zero bearing on whether this can be improved on.

7 minutes ago, DropOfAnaheim said:

You must not have been watching some of his bone headed moves since 2002 in the play offs, but keep smelling 2002 championship farts blowing in the wind. The man should have been put on notice for the 2008 ending in the ALDS, and was given a 10 year deal.

image.jpeg

4 minutes ago, DropOfAnaheim said:

In the playoffs, I have zero faith in the man. From bullpen management, to match ups, he is antiquated and stale in my opinion. If making the playoffs once every 5 years with the best player in the game, and a big payroll is acceptable, then I guess the manager has zero bearing on whether this can be improved on.

The whole big payroll thing is stupid.  It isn't Scioscia spending the money on the wrong players.  If you have very little pitching, very little depth and very one dimensional players, I am not sure what a manager is supposed to do, regardless of what the GM and owner spent.  I have no idea if he is stale in the playoffs, he hasn't had a good enough team to make the playoffs consistently in 5 years.  

1 minute ago, DropOfAnaheim said:

Batting Willits clean up. 

Nice revisionist history.  You left out that he took over for GA in the game because GA couldn't see the ball because of an eye infection.  It is opinions like this that make it nearly impossible to take anything you type seriously.