• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Parker Bridwell

1 hour ago, Chuckster70 said:

I wonder if Chavez or Nolasco shit the bed in their next start if we'll see the Bridwell reign begin?

Or if Meyer struggles....Bridwell needs a good start (or two) at SLC to force the issue.....

6 hours ago, totdprods said:

Are we that shell-shocked that we can't talk about Bridwell's encouraging start last night? I can't remember the last time we had a pitching prospect come up and throw into the 7th and earn a win. Weaver maybe?

When factoring his insane minor league numbers since the Angels acquired him, he looks like he could be in the discussion going forward as well. Obviously, it's the smallest of sample sizes, but it was encouraging as hell given what we've been through the last two years.

I thought he looked pretty competent on the mound. He moved in and out of the zone well and threw inside to batters. There is potential there as a back-end starter without a doubt. Needs to prove it consistently obviously but I think Eppler seems pretty damn good at spotting these borderline starter types that just need some additional development, pitch addition, or mechanical changes to get them to the next step.

1 hour ago, Angel Oracle said:

Nolasco has been more like NoStuffCo in recent starts.   AL hitters catching up to him?

I'm working on a trade series for the Angels and just looked up Nolasco's splits. He's running over 19% K%-BB% against RHH's which shocked me. Of course that is matched with a super-inflated HR rate but the 19% is really good for a starter.

3 hours ago, John Smith said:

Maria I. GuardadoVerified account @mi_guardado 14m14 minutes ago

Shane Robinson has been called up from Triple-A Salt Lake and is starting in center field tonight vs. the Braves. #Angels

RHP Parker Bridwell, who started yesterday, has been optioned as the corresponding roster move.

What the he'll was wrong with jr?

21 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

Why is Shane Robinson still in our org? 

good question to ask. and he was thrown right into the starting lineup last night. 

why didn't revere get the start in left and put young in center? and where in thunder is CJ Cron???

• 4 weeks later...

Way different pitcher than I expected.  Turns 26 in August (5 days before MNT).  

Fastball 90-96 (avg 93.0) with movement when it's down.  A little flat up in the zone (as with most).  

Cut fastball has good glove side movement.  He got a few swings and misses with it today.  Velo of 89-92.  

Slider is a solid avg to slightly above swing and miss pitch when he doesn't telegraph it.  Which he did a few times today.  Didn't really see him throw it for a strike much though which could be the missing link for him going forward.  Doesn't have super sharp break to it, but still a solid pitch.  

Change up is plus.  Throws it around 85mph.  Good arm side movement with sink.  Wouldn't mind seeing him throw this a bit more.  

Solid control but not great command.  Overall though, I am very impressed with his stuff.  

Seems like Bmore got tired of waiting for him to turn a corner.  Their loss is our gain.  Maybe he can be the next Arrieta.  :)

Honestly though, he's got middle of the rotation stuff with some upside if he learns to command his fastball a bit better and throw the offspeed for strikes to keep hitter honest.  

22 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

Way different pitcher than I expected.  Turns 26 in August (5 days before MNT).  

Fastball 90-96 (avg 93.0) with movement when it's down.  A little flat up in the zone (as with most).  

Cut fastball has good glove side movement.  He got a few swings and misses with it today.  Velo of 89-92.  

Slider is a solid avg to slightly above swing and miss pitch when he doesn't telegraph it.  Which he did a few times today.  Didn't really see him throw it for a strike much though which could be the missing link for him going forward.  Doesn't have super sharp break to it, but still a solid pitch.  

Change up is plus.  Throws it around 85mph.  Good arm side movement with sink.  Wouldn't mind seeing him throw this a bit more.  

Solid control but not great command.  Overall though, I am very impressed with his stuff.  

Seems like Bmore got tired of waiting for him to turn a corner.  Their loss is our gain.  Maybe he can be the next Arrieta.  :)

Honestly though, he's got middle of the rotation stuff with some upside if he learns to command his fastball a bit better and throw the offspeed for strikes to keep hitter honest.  

Another solid pickup by Eppler. I was just looking around for a solid scoring report on him because I didn't understand why Baltimore let him go for nothing. Thanks for the write up. 

Eppler continues to impress me, this org is miles and miles ahead of where they were at 24 months ago. 

16 minutes ago, TroutField said:

Another solid pickup by Eppler. I was just looking around for a solid scoring report on him because I didn't understand why Baltimore let him go for nothing. Thanks for the write up. 

Eppler continues to impress me, this org is miles and miles ahead of where they were at 24 months ago. 

Now that we have international options back, we are on a level playing field.  At the end of the day, it boils down to scouting and player development.  It's clear his team has an eye for guys that may not have been considered options by other teams.  Bidwell, Ramirez, Meyer, Parker, Petit, Hernandez, Norris, Maybin, Maldonado.  All adds for 2017.  All making meaningful contributions.  Our top 4 pen options were from the scrap heap and have given us 3.8 WAR in less than half a season.  Our pen had a total of 3.2 WAR in 2015/2016.  

Eppler's most important asset so far has been keeping the team competitive while spending very little both in actual dollars and in farm currency.  Where the rubber will meet the road is in two years when his draft start to actually help the major league team.  I hope he's as good at scouting amateur players as he is pro level ones.