• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Harper gets drilled with 97 mph fastball, followed by getting punched in the face

Chuck

5 minutes ago, m0nkey said:

Harper hit with 4 games, Strickland with 6.  Both are appealing.

Hopefully it gets resolved quickly because I have tickets to see the nationals on Tuesday when they play the dodgers

If he's appealing doesn't that usually mean he will get to play until they get back to into NY or the area?   You should be safe.

10 hours ago, Brent Maguire said:

Most people have decided they hate Bryce Harper and will rip on him for anything he does now.

People have decided to hate Harper because he's a douchebag. If he wants to act like tha he should expect people to dislike him.  The hatred is in direct correlation with his actions. Look at Trout. Nobody hates him. If he were to act like a cocky asshat things would be different.

It wasn't just the fact that Harper hit the two HRs. After he stood at home and watched the 2nd one leave the ballpark, he then stared down Strickland as he jogged from 1b to 2b. If that wasn't enough, he continued to yell at Strickland from the dugout. That is the definition of a douchebag.

Seriously, can anyone even imagine Trout doing that? 

That's just one of the reasons why people hate Harper. Some of you sound as if it's completely unwarranted. 

I don't have any hate for Harper but it doesn't make him less of a douchebag. I can dislike the guy, how he represents himself on the field and have little respect for him no matter what kind of numbers he puts up. He is a polarizing personality, people can support that kind of player by ignoring his character flaws and that's their business. 

I prefer Trout, even on the DL, over Harper on the Angels. 

4 hours ago, Lou said:

People have decided to hate Harper because he's a douchebag. If he wants to act like tha he should expect people to dislike him.  The hatred is in direct correlation with his actions. Look at Trout. Nobody hates him. If he were to act like a cocky asshat things would be different.

No disagreement from me about him being a d bag. He most definitely is, even though I still love him as a ballplayer. But I've seen plenty of people blaming Harper for this, which is silly IMO, considering Strickland is the one who brought up a 3 year old grudge by drilling Harper with a fastball. Just my 2 cents. 

1 hour ago, Brent Maguire said:

No disagreement from me about him being a d bag. He most definitely is, even though I still love him as a ballplayer. But I've seen plenty of people blaming Harper for this, which is silly IMO, considering Strickland is the one who brought up a 3 year old grudge by drilling Harper with a fastball. Just my 2 cents. 

He hit him the first time he faced him. It's not his fault it took him 3 years. 

21 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

If he's appealing doesn't that usually mean he will get to play until they get back to into NY or the area?   You should be safe.

Who knows how it works but it got bumped down to 3 games, which he'll begin serving tonight

15 hours ago, Lou said:

It wasn't just the fact that Harper hit the two HRs. After he stood at home and watched the 2nd one leave the ballpark, he then stared down Strickland as he jogged from 1b to 2b. If that wasn't enough, he continued to yell at Strickland from the dugout. That is the definition of a douchebag.

Seriously, can anyone even imagine Trout doing that? 

That's just one of the reasons why people hate Harper. Some of you sound as if it's completely unwarranted. 

Boom! 

16 hours ago, Brent Maguire said:

Who on here blamed Harper for this? I don't think I've seen 1 post in this thread, or even on this board claiming this.

On 5/30/2017 at 11:00 AM, Brent Maguire said:

Most people have decided they hate Bryce Harper and will rip on him for anything he does now.

I, like probably most folks, gave Harper a chance. But I just can't stand behind a guy that acts like this:

http://mediadownloads.mlb.com/mlbam/mp4/2016/08/27/1103229583/1472333376754/asset_2500K.mp4

or this:

http://mediadownloads.mlb.com/mlbam/2015/08/01/mlbtv_wasnyn_317452083_1800K.mp4

or this:

http://mediadownloads.mlb.com/mlbam/2013/07/14/mlbtv_wasmia_28875513_1800K.mp4

I mean, there's plenty more but I think you get the point. I hate Harper because he acts like a freakin' douchebag and when you have a player like Trout who's constantly all smiles whether he hits a home run or gets thrown out on a good play, or has a bad strike call at the plate --because he knows he can get 'em "next time"-- well, it really puts Harper's persona in the category of unacceptable behavior. He acts like a little kid who doesn't get his way. At some point or another it's got to be embarrassing for not only his teammates but his family to see him consistently act like he does.

On 5/30/2017 at 3:27 PM, m0nkey said:

Harper hit with 4 games, Strickland with 6.  Both are appealing.

Hopefully it gets resolved quickly because I have tickets to see the nationals on Tuesday when they play the dodgers

Don't blame you ... who doesn't want to watch Bryce Harper!

His suspension reduced to 3 games