• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Harper gets drilled with 97 mph fastball, followed by getting punched in the face

Chuck

2 hours ago, zenmaster said:

I heard about this last night and thought maybe it was because Harper hit a bomb earlier in the game or something. Then I found out it was because Harper hit 2 homers off this pitcher in 2014? lol 

I hate Harper and I'm actually on his side on this one. This moron pitcher throws at a guy because he hit 2 bombs off you THREE YEARS AGO? How about stop sucking Mr. No Name Pitcher? What's the logic here? Should Harper just have struck out on purpose back in 2014 or not try to win?

Everyone says this, and no doubt it's what Harper thought (and Posey) but does anyone really know? That is the result of the current rules. Even if Strickland wanted to say "yeah, I plunked him because he showed me up 2 years ago and this was my first chance" he'd be suspended for a month. So he just has to say "it slipped" and blowhards on Twitter get to speculate and "pick sides".

18 hours ago, Brandon said:

this dude on espn is having multiple orgasms talking about this. they are going on about it for 20 minutes and the dude keeps calling the action like a wwf match. this level of sensationalism and tmz production is too much.

it's like espn has a direct line to twitter or people's cell phones to see what they are looking at so they can blow it up.

espn's ideal "sports" weekend.  a brawl in a baseball game and tiger gets a dui.  too bad lavar ball didn't get involved in a high-speed police pursuit, they could've scored the trifecta.

2 minutes ago, well_red said:

espn's ideal "sports" weekend.  a brawl in a baseball game and tiger gets a dui.  too bad lavar ball didn't get involved in a high-speed police pursuit, they could've scored the trifecta.

seriously.

i was killing time before the hockey game last night and it was an hour and a half or two hours straight of this shit. whether it was constant replays, bringing in talking heads to give their opinion about it, or it just so happened that the game ended so it was bouncing around player and coach interviews.

just ridiculous where we are with sports news now.

Most people have decided they hate Bryce Harper and will rip on him for anything he does now. Strickland was holding a 3 year grudge against Bryce, which is childish and weak. I don't condemn Bryce for running out there. If you see all the replays, very few Giants players actually wanted to protect Strickland in that situation. If not for Morse and Samardzija, Strickland might have got pummeled by Harper. For all the immaturity slander about Harper, Strickland is far more guilty of this in this situation. 

1 hour ago, Brent Maguire said:

Most people have decided they hate Bryce Harper and will rip on him for anything he does now. Strickland was holding a 3 year grudge against Bryce, which is childish and weak. I don't condemn Bryce for running out there. If you see all the replays, very few Giants players actually wanted to protect Strickland in that situation. If not for Morse and Samardzija, Strickland might have got pummeled by Harper. For all the immaturity slander about Harper, Strickland is far more guilty of this in this situation. 

Very true.  Both are asshats.