• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Harper gets drilled with 97 mph fastball, followed by getting punched in the face

Chuck

2 minutes ago, Angel Dog and Beer said:

Yeah Harper got a good one in. Funny to see the slomo and watching Smardja and Morse (i think) run into each other. Hardest hit of the brawl. 

Actually if you slow it down, Harper's punch was weak. It landed on the bill of Strickland's cap.

Follow this thread on Twitter. One dude slows it down.

Seeing how Posey didn't even bother to get involved to try and diffuse the situation speaks volumes to what he probably thought of Strickland hitting Harper. Don't think that went over well with his team mates at all, especially if this really is about Harper owning him 3 years ago in the playoffs(in which the Giants won the WS anyway)

1 minute ago, bloodbrother said:

Seeing how Posey didn't even bother to get involved to try and diffuse the situation speaks volumes to what he probably thought of Strickland hitting Harper. Don't think that went over well with his team mates at all, especially if this really is about Harper owning him 3 years ago in the playoffs(in which the Giants won the WS anyway)

That was the first thing that jumped out at me. What a bitch. Even if you don't approve of your teammate, you back him.

MLB really needs to eliminate pitchers from throwing at hitters. If Strickland would have broken Harper's wrist or beaned him that would be devastating to the Nats and MLB.

II were commish I would make it clear there was no place in the game for this crap. Suspend Strickland for 30+ games.

Just now, Jobu said:

Trout owns pitchers all the time. They don't seem to want to throw at him. I wonder why.

And he doesn't show up pitchers after hitting home runs.

Harper isn't we'll liked by many opposing pitchers because of that.

Just now, Ray McKigney said:

Bumgarner's reaction was hilarious. Didn't even bother to leave the dugout. 

Considering his shoulder problems it would have been completely reckless of him to put himself in a position where he could have severely reinjured it. Im sure the team told him that under no circumstances was he to join a brawl if it developed. 

5 minutes ago, YouthofToday said:

MLB really needs to eliminate pitchers from throwing at hitters. If Strickland would have broken Harper's wrist or beaned him that would be devastating to the Nats and MLB.

II were commish I would make it clear there was no place in the game for this crap. Suspend Strickland for 30+ games.

Harper will get the longer suspension, wait and see.