• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Baseball's Greatest Sacrifice (Memorial Day)

9 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

We get it, you don't like the caps.

They still don't appear that bad to me, and I've taken a second and third look at them to try to see what you're seeing.

I agree with you on the overpriced, chinese-made part. That's garbage.

i wish they'd use a different color than drab olive green. why not switch it up and use navy blue some time? 

and yeah, let's make these more affordable. $40 for a cap? pass, no matter how good the cause.

6 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

Speaking of "War dead", I was astounded to read that between 60 and 80 million people worldwide died as a result of World War II.

About 47 million civilians (including those who died from famine and disease brought on by war), and the rest combatants.

The U.S. had over 8 million men and women serving during those years, with over 400,000 battle deaths.

Yep. The Soviet Union and China wwre ravaged....the west didnt have it near as bad, and it was horrible for the west.

The US lost 400K. The Britts 400K. Japan lost 3 million. The Germans lost 8 million.

The Soviets and Chinese lost 20+million each....

5 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

I was wrong about the number of Americans who served during WWII. It was more like 16 million.

Yes, the Soviets lost an enormous number of soldiers.

And not just the sovs. The poor bastards caught "between two giants" had it proportionately the worst.

Poland, lithuania, ukraine, estonia, etc...

The Poles got screwed by life between 1939 and the fall of the wall.

18 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Yep. The Soviet Union and China wwre ravaged....the west didnt have it near as bad, and it was horrible for the west.

The US lost 400K. The Britts 400K. Japan lost 3 million. The Germans lost 8 million.

The Soviets and Chinese lost 20+million each....

Those were the Soviet Union official numbers.  They now estimate that as many as 14 million military personnel and up to a total of 40 million including civilians were lost during the war.  I can't imagine any other country beside China or India that would be able to overcome such a huge loss of people.