• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Could Pujols prevent Trout from the Triple Crown

50 minutes ago, eligrba said:

I would prefer that Trout wins a world series rather than a triple crown.

I have no doubt that the current structure of this team prevents him from achieving both.

I can envision Trout winning a triple crown, MVP, silver slugger and a championship all in the same season but I just don't think it will be in Anaheim. 

1 hour ago, Troll Daddy said:

Any manager, coach, or player will tell you that hitting with runners in scoring position is a skill. Some players do it a lot better that others. Pujols is currently hitting over .400 with runners in scoring position. 

Word of the day: Pressure 

6 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Link?

You're cute and stupid :P

ask Tiger Woods

6 minutes ago, ThomasSutpen said:

Pujols is hitting .314 with RISP this year, not over .400. He hit .237 with RISP in 2015 so if this is a skill it's one he learned real recently I guess?

He had a bad RISP season in 2014 too..  other than he's been good to great.

2016 - .309/.389/.509 .... Career - .320/.447/.591

How much weight people should put in hitting with RISP as a skill is a different matter.

Espinosa is a lifetime .206 hitter w RISP.

Valbuena is a lifetime .216 hitter w RISP

I said LIFETIME so we all knew this and everyone here is surprised about their lack of production. Angels scouting swinging and missing as usual and they forked out $20M for these guys.

4 minutes ago, ThomasSutpen said:

Which was 150 points higher than his previous year and 100 points higher than his subsequent year. The point is that a 'clutch' stat like avg w/ RISP is descriptive, not predictive. Players don't lose or gain ability depending on if a runner is on 2nd or not. Clutch, as a skill, has been debunked so many ways we might as well argue about whether the earth is round or flat.

It's flat, I've seen it.

10 hours ago, AngelArcher said:

Trout has been intentionally walked with RISP and 1st base open. That doesn't go down as an AB w/risp and is a lost opportunity for Trout because Pujols sucks balls. So, I say Pujols does cost Trout some RBIs. 

How many times did this happen?

19 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

1. It has just as much to do with the guys in front of you getting on base. 

2. You can record an out and still get an RBI. Grounding into a DP with the bases loaded and no outs, for example. Pretty much the worst outcome. +1 RBI.

3. Troll Daddy likes them

4. Getting at bats with runners on base is entirely random

The hitter doesn't get credit for an RBI if he grounds into a DP with the bases loaded. 

19 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

1. It has just as much to do with the guys in front of you getting on base. 

2. You can record an out and still get an RBI. Grounding into a DP with the bases loaded and no outs, for example. Pretty much the worst outcome. +1 RBI.

3. Troll Daddy likes them

4. Getting at bats with runners on base is entirely random

Actually, you don't get credit for an RBI when grounding into a double play. The rest of the points are valid, though.