• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Could Pujols prevent Trout from the Triple Crown

3 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

1. It has just as much to do with the guys in front of you getting on base. 

2. You can record an out and still get an RBI. Grounding into a DP with the bases loaded and no outs, for example. Pretty much the worst outcome. +1 RBI.

3. Troll Daddy likes them

4. Getting at bats with runners on base is entirely random

You don't get an RBI for a double play.  

9 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

It's the same people. 

Pujols doesn't just magically turn into an amazing hitter when there are runners in scoring position. 

What's strange is he has been better this year and last with runners in scoring position. 

10 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

It's the same people. 

Pujols doesn't just magically turn into an amazing hitter when there are runners in scoring position. 

But it isn't. Countless times I've pointed out to posters who state that RBIs are overrated but also complain about (insert name here) average with risp how they can justify that fact and am met with complete silence. 

7 minutes ago, CALZONE said:

Well the thread is about the triple crown and Mike Trout will always get stopped short at the Belmont without RISP.

Then why did you insert Pujols into the discussion when he bats after Trout in the lineup?

yes, it was a rhetorical question 

2 minutes ago, CALZONE said:

No its the players hitting ahead of Trout. But I will say this....Albert would clog the bases hitting in front of Trout. 

Mike Trout doesn't need Pujols as much as Pujols needs Mike Trout.

Which still has nothing to do with what we're discussing.  Good thing he has Maybin hitting in front of him getting on base at a .370 clip, right Claude?  Right?  Hello Claude?  

4 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Which still has nothing to do with what we're discussing.  Good thing he has Maybin hitting in front of him getting on base at a .370 clip, right Claude?  Right?  Hello Claude?  

He took a month off so that also factors into Trout's opportunities. 

3 minutes ago, CALZONE said:

No its the players hitting ahead of Trout. But I will say this....Albert would clog the bases hitting in front of Trout. 

Mike Trout doesn't need Pujols as much as Pujols needs Mike Trout.

This is a perfect example of why people give u crap about your posts:

1.  Nobody stated it didn't have to do with the players hitting ahead of Pujols. 

2.  You still found the need to create some meaningless (and irrelevant) scenario that would never occur where Pujols would be hitting ahead of Trout

3.  Nobody stated that Trout needs Pujols.

4.  Nobody stated that Pujols doesn't need Trout. 

5 minutes ago, Lou said:

This is a perfect example of why people give u crap about your posts:

1.  Nobody stated it didn't have to do with the players hitting ahead of Pujols. 

2.  You still found the need to create some meaningless (and irrelevant) scenario that would never occur where Pujols would be hitting ahead of Trout

3.  Nobody stated that Trout needs Pujols.

4.  Nobody stated that Pujols doesn't need Trout. 

I don't mind getting crap about my posts. I watch the games and I see where Trout is getting shortchanged. It's a poorly constructed team and that's not Trout's fault. 

1 minute ago, CALZONE said:

I don't mind getting crap about my posts. I watch the games and I see where Trout is getting shortchanged. It's a poorly constructed team and that's not Trout's fault. 

No it's not, it's Dipoto and Arte's fault. It also isn't Albert's fault.